RE: [S-R] Hradisko

  • Alan Antoska
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2010
      Is it PC to still use that ditty?

      --- On Fri, 29/10/10, Frank R Plichta <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

      From: Frank R Plichta <frank.r.plichta@...>
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Hradisko
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

      In the absence of any specific documentation, you would always try:

      Ee ne, me ne, mi ne, mo.

      Enjoy,

      Frank

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 28, 2010
        Only if you don't finish it. Those that can finish it can date themselves.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2010
          I presume your relative was Father Kelly Theodorus, head priest of the Hradisko Greek Catholic Church, 1934 – 1943. Curiously, his predecessor was Father Sedlak Theodorus, head priest, 1918 – 1934.

          This Hradisko is the "Hradisko, Presovsky Kraj -- Presov – Slovakia." The village, just north of Presov, had a population of 440 in 1828 but is now a ghost town with only about 9 retirees. The families have moved to the larger cities for employment but use their former residence for weekend get-aways. The church is still used on occasion for special masses.

          I have digital photos of Hradisko and the church (very beautiful inside), and I have done extensive research on the families in Hradisko from 1860 – 1895. I know of only one other researcher interested in Hradisko, but I have e-mail contact with relatives in Slovakia from Hradisko. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail.

          Jim Dernar
          Ashburn, VA
          Cantina2000@...
        • jtgen96
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 29, 2010
            This is just the information that I needed. It is greatly appreciated. I found the person you suggested we contact about cyrillic writing on the list and send him an email. We haven't had a response. I know that it has only been a short time, but I am wondering -- do you think he checks that email address when he is not visiting this site?

            Thanks again.

            Gwen

            > Gwen,
            > There are a couple of Hradisko's, famous one in Moravia, another near Kezmarok, but if you want the one with the Greek Catholic Church, it is a few miles north of Presov.
            >
            > A small village but known for its Greek Catholic church, it may now be governed through its neighbor village Terna. See the map on the web site
            >
            > http://www.terna.sk/
            >
            > Curt B.
            >
            > Curt B.
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jtgen96" <jtgen96@> wrote:
            > >
            > > We found a record that lists a member of our family serving as a priest in Hradisko between 1934 and 1943. We tried to find this village on map quest, but were asked to choose one of the following. Which would we choose.
            > >
            > > Hradisko, Presovsky Kraj -- Kezmarok - Slovakia
            > >
            > > Hradisko, Presovsky Kraj -- Presov - Slovakia
            > >
            > > Hradisk, Presovsky Kraj -- Svidnik - Slovakia

          • CurtB
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 29, 2010
              Gwen,
              Patience, he is a very busy person with lots of demands.
              CB