Re: [S-R] Name - Gaura

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 27, 2010
      Hi Frank - i have 3 people listing this surname in the Slovak Pride data base -
      if you would like more info contact me at e mail below

      helene
      helenezx@...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 27, 2010
        There are Gavura and Gavora families listed in the 1869 census for Brezova
        pod Bradlom (http://www.personal.psu.edu/axd2/genealogy/genbrez1869.html);
        also in the Lutheran church records for Brezova and for Trinity Slovak
        Lutheran Church in Chicago.

        Anabeth

        On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Nemam Meno <menonemam@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Anyone here with the family name "Gaura" or "Gavura" or anyone knows of
        > anyone
        > with that name?
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Frank

      • jtgen96
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 27, 2010
          Curt,

          Thank you so much. You have been so very helpful. We would not have gotten very far without your willingness to share you skills. Now we understand enough to make some good decisions and possibly some more progress.

          Gwen

          > Gwen,
          > You're right, I missed the second page of the marriage of Theodore Kellii and Yolana,
          >
          > The second page has:
          >
          > witnesses at marriage are Nikolai Kellii and Antonia Shvarza [Schwartz?]
          > There is a description of Nikolai's work or position , but I am utterly flummoxed as to what it is, while readable [maybe] it doesn't seem to correspond to anything in Slovak or Ukrainian.
          >
          > [I notice you have a Nikolaj listed as a son of Joannes, but this Theodor is clearly born about 1890. Though they may be cousins related to Alexander or Antonius. Way too much speculation]
          >
          > Marriage performed by Dmitrii Petrenko pastor of Olshavits
          >

          > Marriage banns given only twice with a dispensation.
          >

          > Since you are familiar with the work of Cisarik and the priestly families, you might try to forward this record to him. He certainly has much better language familiarity and knows priests who could probably tell you what it says about Nikolai Kellii quickly.
          >
          > Curt B.
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jtgen96" <jtgen96@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Curt,
          > >
          > > Again, I think you missed the second page. Can you tell me what the last 4 column on the second page say?
          > >

          > > Gwen
          > >
          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "CurtB" <curt67boc@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Gwen,
          > > > The Mikova death record:
          > > >
          > > > On 17 March 1947 died F[Father?] Theodor Kellii age 49 [thus born about 1898] the husband of Ramili Zandovou. No place of birth given for either. A very sparse entry.
          > > >
          > > > Curt B.

        • jtgen96
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 27, 2010
            Curt,
            One last question. I think you missed the last page on this one, too. Can you tell me what the last page says?

            Gwen

            > Gwen,
            > The Mikova death record:
            >
            > On 17 March 1947 died F[Father?] Theodor Kellii age 49 [thus born about 1898] the husband of Ramili Zandovou. No place of birth given for either. A very sparse entry.
            >
            > Curt B.
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jtgen96" <jtgen96@> wrote:
            > >
            > > We have found some records on the Family History Library films that appear to be very important in our long search for family in Slovakia. The problem is that they are in Hungarian and Cyrillic. We are unable to do more than see that they probably contain information that we need. Can someone help us?

          • CurtB
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 27, 2010
              Gwen,
              Yes, sorry I missed these second pages.

              This one has illness or cause of death in first column. I can't understand what is meant by the particular words here.

              Next did they receive last sacraments? just a dash,so apparently no.

              next date and place of burial is given as 20.III.1947 in Mikova.

              next column is priest presiding at burial was Joannes Latsko with some explanation of where he is from [I can't make it out]. Notice here that in this death register, the presiding priest in previous burials on this page is the very pastor Theodor Kellii whose death is recorded in this line.

              As a last note you might want to contact by e-mail Joe Armata in Pittsburg who often reads this list, and ask him if he is willing to take a look at the records you posted. You will find him among the group members.
              He reads cyrillic script and knows the language well and he can make more out of the things I can't understand.

              CB

              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 27, 2010
                Curt,

                We will follow your suggestions. Again, we can not thank you enough.

                Gwen