Dluhe (Zemplin County?)

  • Chromeck, Elaine
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
      Yesterday I received information from the INS (it only took 4 months!) about
      a relative that kept alien status throughout their life.

      The paperwork received lists the place of birth as Dluhe Czechoslovakia (the
      form was filled out in the 1950's). Earlier oral information was that this
      relative was from Zemplin county, yet I do not find Dluhe in Shtetlseeker
      for Slovakia (or any other country--perhaps the spelling is off?).

      This relative was born about 1891.

      Anyone have any ideas?

      Thank you
      Elaine Chromeck
      elaine.chromeck@...
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Chromeck, Elaine"
        <Elaine.Chromeck@w...> wrote:
        > Yesterday I received information from the INS (it only took 4
        months!) about
        > a relative that kept alien status throughout their life.
        >
        > The paperwork received lists the place of birth as Dluhe
        Czechoslovakia (the
        > form was filled out in the 1950's). Earlier oral information was
        that this
        > relative was from Zemplin county, yet I do not find Dluhe in
        Shtetlseeker
        > for Slovakia (or any other country--perhaps the spelling is off?).
        >
        > This relative was born about 1891.
        >
        > Anyone have any ideas?
        >
        > Thank you
        > Elaine Chromeck

        If village was located in Zemplén Megye for sure, Dluhe would
        probably be Dlhé Nad Cirochou (Sv) Cirókahosszúmezo" (H)

        LDS-Mormon filmed its R.C. matriky (1805-1925)
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        LDS-Mormon filmed its G.C. parish church records matriky (1825-1895)
        Listed under Pichne (Sv) Pihnye (H)
        Text in Latin, Hungarian, and Church Slavonic.
      • helenezx@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
          In a message dated 11/30/0 3:11:01 PM, Elaine.Chromeck@... writes:

          << Dluhe Czechoslovakia >>

          Check out Vranovske Dluhe, Zabudske Dlhe, and Dlhe nad Cirochou - all in
          Zemplin Cty. If you want me to look up more info in Nazvy Obci - just e mail
          me direct.

          helene