Re: Armales

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2010
      Sedlak93,
      Unless they were of the upper nobility, it is not likely there is a published source. Can you give some other hint of name or place of the family?

      There were periods when the imperial government sold or granted lesser titles by the thousands.

      The one place likely to have a record is the
      Austrian State Archive, General Administrative Archive section. It is in Vienna. It holds the records of aristocratic families, ennoblements and coats of arms from the beginning of the 16th century to 1918. They do not do individual research, but people can visit. Local
      Austrian genealogists do this for a fee. See the Austrian State Archive web site for information.

      Curt B.