Ignatz Pitoniak

  • David Pitoniak
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2000
      hello

      I am looking for information regarding my great
      grandfather Ignatz Pitoniak. He came from Zdiar,
      Slovakia via Hamburg sometime around 1890-1900.

      Looking for information regarding Ignatz and any other
      Pitoniak family members in or around Zdiar.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, David Pitoniak <pitoniakd@y...>
        wrote:
        > hello
        >
        > I am looking for information regarding my great
        > grandfather Ignatz Pitoniak. He came from Zdiar,
        > Slovakia via Hamburg sometime around 1890-1900.
        >
        > Looking for information regarding Ignatz and any other
        > Pitoniak family members in or around Zdiar.

        Don't know your surname.

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 3 surname Pitoniak under
        Poprad and 2 surnames under Batizovce.

        Poprad is located 15 miles from Z^diar and Batizovce is
        5 miles from Poprad.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. matriky (1741-1949) for Z^diar,
        Slovakia; formerly known as Zsdjár, Szepes Megye, Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the Lutheran parish church records
        (1783-1950) for Z^diar, Slovakia; formerly known as Zsdjár, Szepes
        Megye, Hungary.
        Listed under Spis^ská Belá; formerly known as Szepesbéla, Szepes
        Megye, Hungary.
        Text in Latin, German, and Hungarian.

        Then there are the Hamburg Passenger Lists.

        http://www.genealogienetz.de/gene/misc/emig/ham_pass.html
        http://pgsa.org/hamburg.htm
      • helenezx@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2000
          In a message dated 11/30/0 2:41:04 PM, frankur@... writes:

          << I am looking for information regarding my great

          > grandfather Ignatz Pitoniak. >>

          Hi David,

          I have taken Pitoniaks to Zdiar and helped them find long-lost family - if
          you would like to contact them let me know. Email helenezx@...

          helene
        • Imrich Petrov
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
            On www.zoznamst.sk there are 27 surnames Piton~ak in Z~diar.
            Click "Bytove stanice" and then type "Priezvisko" Pitonak
            and "Mesto" Zdiar.
            Imrich