Re: Kosarovce,

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Ginger " <gkopka1@a...> wrote:
      > I appreciate all the help that I have received from this group. One
      > more question, please. Now I need the LDS History Center film
      number
      > for the GC church records and the RC church records. I cannot find
      > the town listed.
      > Ginger

      Kos^arovce (Sv) Kosárvágása (H) is located 222 miles ENE of
      Bratislava in okres (district) Vranov Nad Topl'ou in eastern
      Slovakia.

      Kosár means basket in magyar.
      vág means cut, chop
      Kôs^ = basket in Slovak.

      Its R.C. matriky (1806-1842, 1882-1895) are listed under
      Jankovce (Jankócz)
      film #
      1792082
      1792759

      Its G.C. matriky (1794-1895) are listed under Rafajovce (
      Rafajócz)
      Text in Church Slavonic, Latin, and Hungarian.
      film #
      1793530
      1793531

      You should get LDS cross reference of all towns in Slovakia
      which lists the parish under which their data is recorded.

      Microfiche # 6000786
      Microfilm # 1183541 item 4
      Most FHCs have one or the other.
      If not order the microfiche, so it becomes part of FHC permanent
      collection.