Slovak Pride Update

  • helenezx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2000
      The Slvoak Heritgate & Folklore Society iInternational is preparing to
      publish the third update of Slovak Pride and would welcome listings of
      surnames from Slovakia or the Spis and Orava regions over the border in
      Poland.

      We have over 15,600 surnames and villages in the data base currently and this
      third update will contain some 2,700 listings.

      All you need to list with us is provide:

      ancestral surname village if known your surname

      would like to have your mailingaddress too in case people want to get in
      touch and don't have e mail.

      If you have already listed with us and want to check your listing - that
      is easy to do. Also if you have additions or corrections this is the time
      toget them in.

      The Slvoak Pride data base has re-united many, many families both with
      long-lost relatives in Slovakia and in America too!

      Regards,

      helene cincebeaux
      SH&FSI
    • Madrobnak@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2000
        Anton Drobnak Markovce, Austria Mary Anne Drobnak

        288 E. Cassell Ave
        Barberton, OH 44203-3224
      • johnk
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2000
          List my family.

          Father: Brataslavia,
          Mother: Maiden Name, Barbara Matik, same location.
          My Name. John Kosarko---Rte 4 Box 3768, Trinity, Texas 75862-- Original Message -----
[...]

          eGroups Sponsor

        • Albert Dubnicka
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 27, 2000
            Dubnicka Bosaca Albert P. Dubnicka
            Kukuca Bosaca
            Kubis Bosaca

            50 Westchester Lane
            Palm Coast, Florida 32164-4101

            helenezx@... wrote:

            > The Slvoak Heritgate & Folklore Society iInternational is preparing to
            > publish the third update of Slovak Pride and would welcome listings of
            > surnames from Slovakia or the Spis and Orava regions over the border in
            > Poland.
            >
            > We have over 15,600 surnames and villages in the data base currently and this
            > third update will contain some 2,700 listings.
            >
            > All you need to list with us is provide:
            >
            > ancestral surname village if known your surname
            >
            > would like to have your mailingaddress too in case people want to get in
            > touch and don't have e mail.
            >
            > If you have already listed with us and want to check your listing - that
            > is easy to do. Also if you have additions or corrections this is the time
            > toget them in.
            >
            > The Slvoak Pride data base has re-united many, many families both with
            > long-lost relatives in Slovakia and in America too!
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > helene cincebeaux
            > SH&FSI

          • John Cerul
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 27, 2000
              CZERULYA Petrova/Smilno Cerul
              BACSA Petrova Cerul
              MARCINEK Smilno Cerul

              John P. Cerul Jr.
              1810 W. Peninsula Drive
              Moses Lake, WA 98837
              The Slvoak Heritgate & Folklore Society iInternational is preparing to
              <SNIP>

              *******Thankyou*********
              eGroups Sponsor

            • helenezx@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 28, 2000
                Dear Albert-

                Thanks for the Slvoak Pride entry -

                Noted the following - would you like to get in touch with Mr. Gordon?

                Village & Cty Ancestor Descendant
                Bosaca TRENCIN Dubnicka Dubnicka
                Dubne POLAND Dubnicka Gordon
                Bosaca TRENCIN Kubis Dubnicka
                Bosaca TRENCIN Kukuca Dubnicka

                Would you like a free sample copy of Slovakia magazine?

                We did a brief article once on the rare round Lutheran Chuch in Bosaca.

                helene
              • lkocik@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 20, 2000
                  Helen
                  Hello.
                  My name is Larry Kocik. My family is from Gbely, 40 miles north of
                  Bratislava.
                  Besides the Kocik[Kocich] surname my grandmother [Gajdusek] is from
                  there.During the Hungarian occupation the town was known as Egbel.
                  Thank you
                  Larry
                • helenezx@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 20, 2000
                    In a message dated 12/20/0 7:07:03 PM, lkocik@... writes:

                    << Kocik[Kocich] surname my grandmother [Gajdusek] >>

                    Hi Larry -

                    Have two people listing Gajdusek roots in Gbely in the Slovak Pride data
                    base, one is a family I took there and they found relatives after many, many
                    years of no contact. If you would like to contact the listers - let me know.

                    helene