Re: Handzilko and brother Budja Andras - different last names - why?

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
      >>>Immigrated 1902 September 16 to America.
      > She arrived Ellis Island May 6, 1903 under the name Kata Hanzelka.
      > Ship name: Konigin Luise
      > Port of Departure: Breman
      > She was headed to Bridgeport to join her Uncle Pal Hanzelko at 688 Pembroke Street.
      >
      > Then underneath was written "brother Bujda Andras" <<<

      Look again. The name underneath refers to the next passenger, Maria Bujda. Andras is her brother.
    • Alan Antoska
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
        <Then underneath was written "brother Bujda Andras"

        My questions:
        Could the name be reverse and should be "Andras Bujda"?>

        Hungarian name format: - surname first followed by other names.

        Similar european presentations are street name followed by house number.

        cheers

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010
          Congrats! Spread the word- this is a brilliant bunch!

          Bill