Re: [S-R] Terek, Torok and Rak

  • Milan Olle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2010
      Marjorie! My Tereks are from Pcoline Slovak Republic. They are Boiko Rusyn. My grandfather was Vasil Terek. My grandmother was Anna Terek. I saw the Iron Crosses on my great grand parents graves but at the time I wasn't into geneology I was more intrested in family stories. So I don't have their names or information.

      I don't know if we are related or just share a common last name. It is intresting that your families home town Wislok Wielki isn't that far from Pcoline. Also I believe Wislok Wielki used to be in the old Galicia area. It would be logical for Tereks to make their way through Pcoline on their way to Wislok Wielki.

      The earliest record of Tereks being in Pcoline that I have seen is 1772.

      Milan