Reformovaná kresťanská cirkev. Farský úrad Kunova Teplica (Rožňava),

  • An American Hare
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      Has anyone searched through these records? I understand that the church my family went to there suffered a fire and some records were destroyed.

      authors: Reformovaná kresťanská cirkev. Farský úrad Kunova Teplica (Rožňava), (Main Author)
      format: Manuscript/On Film
      language: Hungarian
      publications: Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmy boli zhotovené Genealogickou spoločnosťou štátu Utah, 1994
      physical: na 1 mikrofilmovanom kotúči, 35 mm.

      Ludovit
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
        Ludovit, These records seem rather complete. There is no mention of a fire or missing records.

        Title
        Cirkevná matrika, 1787-1911

        Authors
        Reformovaná krestanská cirkev. Farský úrad Kunova Teplica (Roznava) (Main Author)

        Notes
        Pôvodné dokumenty boli mikrofilmované v Státnom oblastnom archíve v Levoci.
        Reformed Church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Kunova Teplica, Slovakia, formerly Kun-Tapolcza, Gömör, Hungary. Text in Hungarian.

        Subjects
        Slovakia, Roznava, Kunova Teplica - Church records
        Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Roznava, Kunova Teplica - Church records
        Hungary, Gömör, Kun-Tapolcza - Church records

        Format
        Manuscript (On Film)

        Language
        Hungarian

        Publication
        Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmy boli zhotovené Genealogickou spolocnostou státu Utah, 1994

        Physical
        na 1 mikrofilmovanom kotúci ; 35 mm.

        Film Notes
        Note - Location [Film]
        Krsty 1787-1867 Manzelstvá 1787-1867 Úmrtia 1787-1867 Krsty 1868-1910 Manzelstvá 1868-1910 Úmrtia 1868-1911 Birmovaní 1890-1906 - FHL INTL Film [ 1923081 Items 2-3 ]

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
          were these RC or Evangelical? did it matter? on the church web site I found it mentions a fire. but I don't know what if any impact that will have on my search. this is good news probably.

          Ludovit

          > Ludovit, These records seem rather complete. There is no mention of a fire or missing records.
          >

          > Title
          > Cirkevná matrika, 1787-1911
          >
          > Authors
          > Reformovaná krestanská cirkev. Farský úrad Kunova Teplica (Roznava) (Main Author)
          >
          > Notes
          > Pôvodné dokumenty boli mikrofilmované v Státnom oblastnom archíve v Levoci.
          > Reformed Church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Kunova Teplica, Slovakia, formerly Kun-Tapolcza, Gömör, Hungary. Text in Hungarian.
          >
          > Subjects
          > Slovakia, Roznava, Kunova Teplica - Church records
          > Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Roznava, Kunova Teplica - Church records
          > Hungary, Gömör, Kun-Tapolcza - Church records
          >
          > Format
          > Manuscript (On Film)
          >
          > Language
          > Hungarian
          >
          > Publication
          > Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmy boli zhotovené Genealogickou spolocnostou státu Utah, 1994
          >
          > Physical
          > na 1 mikrofilmovanom kotúci ; 35 mm.
          >
          > Film Notes
          > Note - Location [Film]
          > Krsty 1787-1867 Manzelstvá 1787-1867 Úmrtia 1787-1867 Krsty 1868-1910 Manzelstvá 1868-1910 Úmrtia 1868-1911 Birmovaní 1890-1906 - FHL INTL Film [ 1923081 Items 2-3 ]

        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2010
            Ludovit,
            These records can only be viewed on film. So you have to go to the FHC website. Do a "Place" search. Enter Kunova Teplica. It will take you to a window where two choices are listed. Click on either one, they both take you to the same place. There you can click for a more extensive explanation of the records. Eventually, getting to what I sent you.
            You don't even need to do that. Just print my e-mail with the film information and take it to your nearest Mormon church that has a Family History Center. They will order the film for you. The "Film Notes" at the very bottom has the number for the film to order.

            were these RC or Evangelical? did it matter? on the church web site I found it mentions a fire. but I don't know what if any impact that will have on my search. this is good news probably.

            Ludovit

            > Ludovit, These records seem rather complete. There is no mention of a fire or missing records.
            >

            > Title
            > Cirkevná matrika, 1787-1911
            >
            > Authors
            > Reformovaná krestanská cirkev. Farský úrad Kunova Teplica (Roznava) (Main Author)
            >
            > Notes
            > Pôvodné dokumenty boli mikrofilmované v Státnom oblastnom archíve v Levoci.
            > Reformed Church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Kunova Teplica, Slovakia, formerly Kun-Tapolcza, Gömör, Hungary. Text in Hungarian.
            >
            > Subjects
            > Slovakia, Roznava, Kunova Teplica - Church records
            > Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Roznava, Kunova Teplica - Church records
            > Hungary, Gömör, Kun-Tapolcza - Church records
            >
            > Format
            > Manuscript (On Film)
            >
            > Language
            > Hungarian
            >
            > Publication
            > Salt Lake City, Utah : Mikrofilmy boli zhotovené Genealogickou spolocnostou státu Utah, 1994
            >
            > Physical
            > na 1 mikrofilmovanom kotúci ; 35 mm.
            >
            > Film Notes
            > Note - Location [Film]
            > Krsty 1787-1867 Manzelstvá 1787-1867 Úmrtia 1787-1867 Krsty 1868-1910 Manzelstvá 1868-1910 Úmrtia 1868-1911 Birmovaní 1890-1906 - FHL INTL Film [ 1923081 Items 2-3 ]

          • Carl
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2010
              Ludovit,
              I had family from Kunova Teplica and have searched the church records for them at the LDS FHC. You don't indicate what religion your family was. And yes, it does matter. There was a reformed church in Kun Tapolcza but the Roman Catholics and the Evangelics (Lutherans) both went to churches in nearby Csetnek (now Stitnik, SK) The records for both the RC and Lutheran Churches in Csetnek are also available on films from the LDS. Do a Keyword search at the FHC library for "Csetnek" and you will see the films for these churches.
              What are your surnames from this village?
              Carl