Independance

  • Martin Lovatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2000
      Nothing to do with Slovakia, but a laugh. here is a message I recently
      got from a friend, I like it.

      Independence revoked...

      To the citizens of the United States of America,

      In the light of your failure to elect a President of the USA and thus to
      govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your
      independence, effective today.

      Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties
      over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah,
      which she does not fancy.

      Your new prime minister (The rt. hon. Tony Blair, MP for the 97.85% of
      you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your
      borders) will appoint a minister for America without the need for
      further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded.

      A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of
      you noticed.

      To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following
      rules are introduced with immediate effect:

      There is no such thing as "US English". We will let Microsoft know on
      your behalf.

      You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian accents. It
      really isn't that hard.

      Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the
      good guys.

      You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen".

      July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 8th will be a new
      national holiday. It will be called "Indecisive Day".

      All American cars are hereby banned. When we show you German cars, you
      will understand why.

      10. Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.

      Thank you for your co-operation.

      --
      Martin Lovatt