Re: [S-R] Dolyak researchers

  • deeellessbee
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
      Julie, what a coincidence! Well, I'm disappointed I didn't make any new discoveries for you, but I'm glad I posted because Anna did belong to someone here.

      Funny that you say they all ended up in PA. When I was growing up in Bridgeport, there were soooo many people whose families had originally come from PA. (Lots of Slovaks and others of Eastern European descent. We used to say there were more Slovaks in PA than in Slovakia!). I guess they were doing what my grandfather did - leaving the mines in PA to come and work in one of the many factories in Bpt during the war. So it looks like your family - or at least Anna and her brother - went the opposite route, from CT to PA!

      Debbie