Re: Mt.Carmel PA.

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 6, 2010
      Hello Joe,

      Unfortunatly all of my Csorej's are from Remeniny/Remenye. Although there is a suspicion that prior to settling there (over 100 years) two brothers came from nearby Matiaska.

      Thanks for reaching out though!

      Dennis

      http://members.chello.sk/corej/

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

      > Dennis,
      > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
      >
      > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
      >
      > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
      > >

      > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
      > >
      > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
      > >
      > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
      > >
      > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
      > >
      > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
      > >
      > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Dennis
      > >

      > > michael lesko
      > > B: 1883
      > > austria-hungary
      > > D: 8 mar 1921
      > > mt carmel pa
      > >
      > > anna adams
      > > B: 1 apr 1889
      > > mt carmel pa
      > > D: 23 nov 1972
      > > mt carmel pa
      > >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
      > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
      > > >
      > > > Thank's,
      > > >
      > > > Dennis

    • haluska
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
        Joe,

        It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.

        Interested?

        Dennis

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

        > Dennis,
        > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
        >
        > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
        >
        > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
        > >

        > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
        > >
        > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
        > >
        > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
        > >
        > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
        > >
        > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
        > >
        > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > >
        > > Dennis
        > >

        > > michael lesko
        > > B: 1883
        > > austria-hungary
        > > D: 8 mar 1921
        > > mt carmel pa
        > >
        > > anna adams
        > > B: 1 apr 1889
        > > mt carmel pa
        > > D: 23 nov 1972
        > > mt carmel pa
        > >

        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
        > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
        > > >
        > > > Thank's,
        > > >
        > > > Dennis

      • Elaine
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
          Wow, Dennis, any chance you have naturalization files for my grandfather John Kolarcsik/Klarchick/Clarchick in southwestern PA? I haven't found them in any of the records on Ancestry.com (index or Pittsburgh PA naturalizations)!

          :-)

          Elaine

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 25, 2011, at 3:57 AM, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

          > Joe,
          >
          > It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.
          >
          > Interested?
          >
          > Dennis
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dennis,
          > > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
          > >
          > > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
          > >
          > > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
          > >
          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
          > > >
          > > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
          > > >
          > > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
          > > >
          > > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
          > > >
          > > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
          > > >
          > > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks!
          > > >
          > > > Dennis
          > > >

          > > > michael lesko
          > > > B: 1883
          > > > austria-hungary
          > > > D: 8 mar 1921
          > > > mt carmel pa
          > > >
          > > > anna adams
          > > > B: 1 apr 1889
          > > > mt carmel pa
          > > > D: 23 nov 1972
          > > > mt carmel pa

        • haluska
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
            Sorry Elaine,

            Joe's name was so close to my Csorej/Chorey 's that when I was searching a while back I added them to my files intending to sort it out another day.

            I stumbled upon them last night and could not remember where I saw/heard the name Joseph Ivan before.

            I posted here back in September looking for info for Mt.Carmel.
            Low and behold,here he is again....

            My intentions were to share a success story,but passing on this info to Joe is what Genealogy Groups are all about,Right?

            Name: Jozsef Csore
            Ethnicity: Hungary,Slovak
            Last Place of Residence: Mucsony
            Arrival: 21 Nov. 1904
            Age: 18
            Gender: Male
            Marital Dtatus: Single
            Ship: Umbria
            Departure: Liverpool
            Line# 12

            Joseph traveled with His Mother Maria and his Brother and Sister, Julia and Pal.
            They were going to his Father Janos already in Homestead, Pa.

            From what I can see,Many others from Mucsony (?) possible relations, also came to the U.S.

            Dennis