RE: [S-R] Re: Mt.Carmel PA.

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
      The correct village of origin for Csore and Krehlik families seems to be
      Mucsony (not Muscony), northwest of Miskolc, Hungary. Almost totally Greek
      Catholic, microfilms of the church records are available through LDS. The
      small number of Roman Catholics are found with the village of Edeleny, and
      Reformed with Disznos-Horvat.

      I don't find that the Tirpaks came from there. It is a common name, but
      Ellis Island doesn't show any from Mucsony.

      With so many of you apparently related, someone ought to look up the church
      records.

      Janet

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 6, 2010
        Hello Joe,

        Unfortunatly all of my Csorej's are from Remeniny/Remenye. Although there is a suspicion that prior to settling there (over 100 years) two brothers came from nearby Matiaska.

        Thanks for reaching out though!

        Dennis

        http://members.chello.sk/corej/

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

        > Dennis,
        > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
        >
        > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
        >
        > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
        > >

        > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
        > >
        > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
        > >
        > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
        > >
        > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
        > >
        > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
        > >
        > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > >
        > > Dennis
        > >

        > > michael lesko
        > > B: 1883
        > > austria-hungary
        > > D: 8 mar 1921
        > > mt carmel pa
        > >
        > > anna adams
        > > B: 1 apr 1889
        > > mt carmel pa
        > > D: 23 nov 1972
        > > mt carmel pa
        > >

        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
        > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
        > > >
        > > > Thank's,
        > > >
        > > > Dennis

      • haluska
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
          Joe,

          It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.

          Interested?

          Dennis

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

          > Dennis,
          > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
          >
          > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
          >
          > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
          >
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
          > >

          > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
          > >
          > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
          > >
          > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
          > >
          > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
          > >
          > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
          > >
          > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Dennis
          > >

          > > michael lesko
          > > B: 1883
          > > austria-hungary
          > > D: 8 mar 1921
          > > mt carmel pa
          > >
          > > anna adams
          > > B: 1 apr 1889
          > > mt carmel pa
          > > D: 23 nov 1972
          > > mt carmel pa
          > >

          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
          > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
          > > >
          > > > Thank's,
          > > >
          > > > Dennis

        • Elaine
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
            Wow, Dennis, any chance you have naturalization files for my grandfather John Kolarcsik/Klarchick/Clarchick in southwestern PA? I haven't found them in any of the records on Ancestry.com (index or Pittsburgh PA naturalizations)!

            :-)

            Elaine

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jan 25, 2011, at 3:57 AM, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

            > Joe,
            >
            > It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.
            >
            > Interested?
            >
            > Dennis
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dennis,
            > > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
            > >
            > > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
            > >
            > > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
            > >
            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
            > > >
            > > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
            > > >
            > > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
            > > >
            > > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
            > > >
            > > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
            > > >
            > > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > Dennis
            > > >

            > > > michael lesko
            > > > B: 1883
            > > > austria-hungary
            > > > D: 8 mar 1921
            > > > mt carmel pa
            > > >
            > > > anna adams
            > > > B: 1 apr 1889
            > > > mt carmel pa
            > > > D: 23 nov 1972
            > > > mt carmel pa

          • haluska
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
              Sorry Elaine,

              Joe's name was so close to my Csorej/Chorey 's that when I was searching a while back I added them to my files intending to sort it out another day.

              I stumbled upon them last night and could not remember where I saw/heard the name Joseph Ivan before.

              I posted here back in September looking for info for Mt.Carmel.
              Low and behold,here he is again....

              My intentions were to share a success story,but passing on this info to Joe is what Genealogy Groups are all about,Right?

              Name: Jozsef Csore
              Ethnicity: Hungary,Slovak
              Last Place of Residence: Mucsony
              Arrival: 21 Nov. 1904
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Marital Dtatus: Single
              Ship: Umbria
              Departure: Liverpool
              Line# 12

              Joseph traveled with His Mother Maria and his Brother and Sister, Julia and Pal.
              They were going to his Father Janos already in Homestead, Pa.

              From what I can see,Many others from Mucsony (?) possible relations, also came to the U.S.

              Dennis