Slovak Festival Chicago

  • Margo Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2010
      We see a lot of notices for Slovak festivals and events on the east coast.
      Finally here is an event in Chicago.

      Slovak Festival Chicago
      September 11, 2010
      4 p.m.-midnight
      4550 Roosevelt Road, Hillside (Sheet Metal Workers union building, between
      Mannheim and Wolf Rds.)

      Tickets in advance $25, at the door $30, kids under 10 free
      www.SlovakChicago.org
      312-404-8104

      Programme:
      Veselica and Veselicka from Chicago
      Vychodna Slovak Dancers from Toronto
      Limbora and Pajtasi from New York
      Czech and Polish dance groups from Chicago
      Fujara player from Slovakia
      Miss CZ SK Canada
      Free Slovak cooking lessons
      live music until midnight
      food and beverages available for purchase

      Genealogical publications available for purchase at the CSAGSI table

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010
        Traditional Slovak decorated cookies

        Made by a native Slovak in Canada are available on the web, both in the USA and in Canada at
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cathy_somos/

        These would be great for the holidays.

        These are custom cookies hand made in a government certified kitchen in Edmonton, Canada and readily exportable to the USA. Browse through the many pages of samples and types offered to see the variety and types offered for simply beautiful eating treats to presentation quality cookies for presentation at births, graduations, promotions, weddings, and other happy events to be commemorated. The presentation grade `cookies' can be hung on display and passed on as family heirlooms.

        Style and decoration vary from traditional Slovak to contemporary and custom creations.

        Check out the wide varieties offered on the web pages at the link above to see what may match your needs. I was fortunate to visit the kitchen and see some samples when I passed through Edmonton.
      • John
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010
          >>> I was fortunate to visit the kitchen and see some samples when I passed through Edmonton. <<<

          Glad to see that you are back from your travels before the onset of winter!