Re: [S-R] Mt.Carmel PA.

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hi GIns,

      I'm so sorry - you are correct! And to think I live here! I guess I need a local geography lesson!

      Martha

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Gina <Gina.PhilsPhan@...> wrote:

      > No Martha,
      >
      > Dennis is correct--Mount Carmel is in Northumberland County and is not in
      > Schuylkill County. So, depending on what you need Dennis (records, surviving
      > surnames, etc.), perhaps you can find it online, or let us know what you're
      > looking for and perhaps we can try to help you from there.
      >
      > Gina
      >

      > On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM, martha.andras <mandras@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hi!
      > >
      > > Yes, Mt. Carmel is in Schulykill County, PA. I live in Hazleton, Pa about
      > > 45 minutes from Mt. Carmel. The Schuylkill county courthouse is in
      > > Pottsville, PA and the web address is www.co.schuylkill.pa.us
      > > The marriage Docket records from 1885 to the present are all on-line there.
      > >

      > > Also, if you check on rootsweb or the at the Pottsville library's website (
      > > www.pottsvillelibrary.org/genie) you will find many helps for Schuylkill
      > > County genealogy resources.
      > >
      > > Good luck!
      > >
      > > Martha
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > hmsbob@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > i am not sure but i believe Mt Carmel in Pa. is in Schuylkill county.

      > --
      > The Animal Rescue Site needs your help in feeding previously abused animals
      > who are now living their lives in a protective sanctuary or are awaiting
      > adoption! Help feed tens of thousands of animals every day with a simple
      > click--AT NO COST TO YOU (no catch)! Visit
      > http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com today-PLEASE!
      >
      > I see a light at the end of the tunnel....It's a train! ;-O

    • haluska
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2010
        You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......

        I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.

        I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21

        Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.

        I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.

        His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.

        Thanks!

        Dennis

        michael lesko
        B: 1883
        austria-hungary
        D: 8 mar 1921
        mt carmel pa

        anna adams
        B: 1 apr 1889
        mt carmel pa
        D: 23 nov 1972
        mt carmel pa

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
        > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
        >
        > Thank's,
        >
        > Dennis

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
          Dennis,
          My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.

          From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.

          Joe Krehlik, Jr.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

          > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
          >
          > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
          >
          > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
          >
          > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
          >
          > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
          >
          > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Dennis
          >

          > michael lesko
          > B: 1883
          > austria-hungary
          > D: 8 mar 1921
          > mt carmel pa
          >
          > anna adams
          > B: 1 apr 1889
          > mt carmel pa
          > D: 23 nov 1972
          > mt carmel pa
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
          > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
          > >
          > > Thank's,
          > >
          > > Dennis

        • Gloria
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
            Joe-
            I found several Janos Csore on Ancestry.com. If you have subscribed to Ancestry.com you can check on them.
            If not I can try to do it. They were from Hungary. Perhaps this belongs to you?

            Gloria

            1856)

            Private Member Photos
            Pictures

            Photo: Janos Ivan Csore
            Category: Portrait
            Taken: Aprox. 1907 - Mucsony, Borsod, Hungary
            Attached To: Janos/John Ivan/Evans Csore/Ivan (born 1877

            Janos Csare
            [Janos Ivan Csore]
            Arrival Date: 25 Nov 1910
            Age: 17 Years
            Estimated birth year: abt 1893
            Gender: Male
            Ethnic Background: Slovak (Slovakian)
            Port of Departure: Hamburg, Germany
            Ship Name: Prinz Oskar
            Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
            Friend's Name: Andras Csare
            Last Residence: Hungary
            Birthplace: Mucsowy, Hungary
            Microfilm Roll Number: T840_86

          • Dianne
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
              ancestry.com is free this weekend!

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
                The correct village of origin for Csore and Krehlik families seems to be
                Mucsony (not Muscony), northwest of Miskolc, Hungary. Almost totally Greek
                Catholic, microfilms of the church records are available through LDS. The
                small number of Roman Catholics are found with the village of Edeleny, and
                Reformed with Disznos-Horvat.

                I don't find that the Tirpaks came from there. It is a common name, but
                Ellis Island doesn't show any from Mucsony.

                With so many of you apparently related, someone ought to look up the church
                records.

                Janet

                My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that
                he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly
                Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The
                Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly
                Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in
                Muscony Hungary.

                From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont
                County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2
                miles north of Martins Ferry.

                Joe Krehlik, Jr.

                <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:

                > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                > >
                > > Thank's,
                > >
                > > Dennis

              • haluska
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 6, 2010
                  Hello Joe,

                  Unfortunatly all of my Csorej's are from Remeniny/Remenye. Although there is a suspicion that prior to settling there (over 100 years) two brothers came from nearby Matiaska.

                  Thanks for reaching out though!

                  Dennis

                  http://members.chello.sk/corej/

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

                  > Dennis,
                  > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                  >
                  > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                  >
                  > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                  >
                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                  > >
                  > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                  > >
                  > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                  > >
                  > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                  > >
                  > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                  > >
                  > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > >
                  > > Dennis
                  > >

                  > > michael lesko
                  > > B: 1883
                  > > austria-hungary
                  > > D: 8 mar 1921
                  > > mt carmel pa
                  > >
                  > > anna adams
                  > > B: 1 apr 1889
                  > > mt carmel pa
                  > > D: 23 nov 1972
                  > > mt carmel pa
                  > >

                  > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                  > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thank's,
                  > > >
                  > > > Dennis

                • haluska
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                    Joe,

                    It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.

                    Interested?

                    Dennis

                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

                    > Dennis,
                    > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                    >
                    > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                    >
                    > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                    >
                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                    > >
                    > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                    > >
                    > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                    > >
                    > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                    > >
                    > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                    > >
                    > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!
                    > >
                    > > Dennis
                    > >

                    > > michael lesko
                    > > B: 1883
                    > > austria-hungary
                    > > D: 8 mar 1921
                    > > mt carmel pa
                    > >
                    > > anna adams
                    > > B: 1 apr 1889
                    > > mt carmel pa
                    > > D: 23 nov 1972
                    > > mt carmel pa
                    > >

                    > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                    > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                    > > >
                    > > > Thank's,
                    > > >
                    > > > Dennis

                  • Elaine
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                      Wow, Dennis, any chance you have naturalization files for my grandfather John Kolarcsik/Klarchick/Clarchick in southwestern PA? I haven't found them in any of the records on Ancestry.com (index or Pittsburgh PA naturalizations)!

                      :-)

                      Elaine

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Jan 25, 2011, at 3:57 AM, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                      > Joe,
                      >
                      > It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.
                      >
                      > Interested?
                      >
                      > Dennis
                      >
                      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Dennis,
                      > > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                      > >
                      > > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                      > >
                      > > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                      > >
                      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                      > > >
                      > > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                      > > >
                      > > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                      > > >
                      > > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                      > > >
                      > > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                      > > >
                      > > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks!
                      > > >
                      > > > Dennis
                      > > >

                      > > > michael lesko
                      > > > B: 1883
                      > > > austria-hungary
                      > > > D: 8 mar 1921
                      > > > mt carmel pa
                      > > >
                      > > > anna adams
                      > > > B: 1 apr 1889
                      > > > mt carmel pa
                      > > > D: 23 nov 1972
                      > > > mt carmel pa

                    • haluska
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                        Sorry Elaine,

                        Joe's name was so close to my Csorej/Chorey 's that when I was searching a while back I added them to my files intending to sort it out another day.

                        I stumbled upon them last night and could not remember where I saw/heard the name Joseph Ivan before.

                        I posted here back in September looking for info for Mt.Carmel.
                        Low and behold,here he is again....

                        My intentions were to share a success story,but passing on this info to Joe is what Genealogy Groups are all about,Right?

                        Name: Jozsef Csore
                        Ethnicity: Hungary,Slovak
                        Last Place of Residence: Mucsony
                        Arrival: 21 Nov. 1904
                        Age: 18
                        Gender: Male
                        Marital Dtatus: Single
                        Ship: Umbria
                        Departure: Liverpool
                        Line# 12

                        Joseph traveled with His Mother Maria and his Brother and Sister, Julia and Pal.
                        They were going to his Father Janos already in Homestead, Pa.

                        From what I can see,Many others from Mucsony (?) possible relations, also came to the U.S.

                        Dennis