Re: [S-R] Mt.Carmel PA.

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1 3:09 PM
      Sorry - I misspelled SCHUYLKILL below! I'm a native & still get it wrong sometimes!

      Martha

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > Yes, Mt. Carmel is in Schulykill County, PA. I live in Hazleton, Pa about 45 minutes from Mt. Carmel. The Schuylkill county courthouse is in Pottsville, PA and the web address is www.co.schuylkill.pa.us
      > The marriage Docket records from 1885 to the present are all on-line there.
      >
      > Also, if you check on rootsweb or the at the Pottsville library's website (www.pottsvillelibrary.org/genie) you will find many helps for Schuylkill County genealogy resources.
      >
      > Good luck!
      >
      > Martha
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hmsbob@ wrote:
      > >
      > > i am not sure but i believe Mt Carmel in Pa. is in Schuylkill county.

    • Gina
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1 3:50 PM
        No Martha,

        Dennis is correct--Mount Carmel is in Northumberland County and is not in
        Schuylkill County. So, depending on what you need Dennis (records, surviving
        surnames, etc.), perhaps you can find it online, or let us know what you're
        looking for and perhaps we can try to help you from there.

        Gina

        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM, martha.andras <mandras@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Yes, Mt. Carmel is in Schulykill County, PA. I live in Hazleton, Pa about
        > 45 minutes from Mt. Carmel. The Schuylkill county courthouse is in
        > Pottsville, PA and the web address is www.co.schuylkill.pa.us
        > The marriage Docket records from 1885 to the present are all on-line there.
        >

        > Also, if you check on rootsweb or the at the Pottsville library's website (
        > www.pottsvillelibrary.org/genie) you will find many helps for Schuylkill
        > County genealogy resources.
        >
        > Good luck!
        >
        > Martha
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > hmsbob@... wrote:
        > >
        > > i am not sure but i believe Mt Carmel in Pa. is in Schuylkill county.

        The Animal Rescue Site needs your help in feeding previously abused animals
        who are now living their lives in a protective sanctuary or are awaiting
        adoption! Help feed tens of thousands of animals every day with a simple
        click--AT NO COST TO YOU (no catch)! Visit
        http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com today-PLEASE!

        I see a light at the end of the tunnel....It's a train! ;-O

      • martha.andras
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1 4:28 PM

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1 4:31 PM
            Hi GIns,

            I'm so sorry - you are correct! And to think I live here! I guess I need a local geography lesson!

            Martha

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Gina <Gina.PhilsPhan@...> wrote:

            > No Martha,
            >
            > Dennis is correct--Mount Carmel is in Northumberland County and is not in
            > Schuylkill County. So, depending on what you need Dennis (records, surviving
            > surnames, etc.), perhaps you can find it online, or let us know what you're
            > looking for and perhaps we can try to help you from there.
            >
            > Gina
            >

            > On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM, martha.andras <mandras@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Hi!
            > >
            > > Yes, Mt. Carmel is in Schulykill County, PA. I live in Hazleton, Pa about
            > > 45 minutes from Mt. Carmel. The Schuylkill county courthouse is in
            > > Pottsville, PA and the web address is www.co.schuylkill.pa.us
            > > The marriage Docket records from 1885 to the present are all on-line there.
            > >

            > > Also, if you check on rootsweb or the at the Pottsville library's website (
            > > www.pottsvillelibrary.org/genie) you will find many helps for Schuylkill
            > > County genealogy resources.
            > >
            > > Good luck!
            > >
            > > Martha
            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > hmsbob@ wrote:
            > > >
            > > > i am not sure but i believe Mt Carmel in Pa. is in Schuylkill county.

            > --
            > The Animal Rescue Site needs your help in feeding previously abused animals
            > who are now living their lives in a protective sanctuary or are awaiting
            > adoption! Help feed tens of thousands of animals every day with a simple
            > click--AT NO COST TO YOU (no catch)! Visit
            > http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com today-PLEASE!
            >
            > I see a light at the end of the tunnel....It's a train! ;-O

          • haluska
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2 4:52 AM
              You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......

              I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.

              I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21

              Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.

              I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.

              His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.

              Thanks!

              Dennis

              michael lesko
              B: 1883
              austria-hungary
              D: 8 mar 1921
              mt carmel pa

              anna adams
              B: 1 apr 1889
              mt carmel pa
              D: 23 nov 1972
              mt carmel pa

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

              > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
              > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
              >
              > Thank's,
              >
              > Dennis

            • Joe
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 4 4:25 PM
                Dennis,
                My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.

                From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.

                Joe Krehlik, Jr.

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                >
                > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                >
                > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                >
                > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                >
                > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                >
                > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Dennis
                >

                > michael lesko
                > B: 1883
                > austria-hungary
                > D: 8 mar 1921
                > mt carmel pa
                >
                > anna adams
                > B: 1 apr 1889
                > mt carmel pa
                > D: 23 nov 1972
                > mt carmel pa
                >

                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                > >
                > > Thank's,
                > >
                > > Dennis

              • Gloria
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 4 4:53 PM
                  Joe-
                  I found several Janos Csore on Ancestry.com. If you have subscribed to Ancestry.com you can check on them.
                  If not I can try to do it. They were from Hungary. Perhaps this belongs to you?

                  Gloria

                  1856)

                  Private Member Photos
                  Pictures

                  Photo: Janos Ivan Csore
                  Category: Portrait
                  Taken: Aprox. 1907 - Mucsony, Borsod, Hungary
                  Attached To: Janos/John Ivan/Evans Csore/Ivan (born 1877

                  Janos Csare
                  [Janos Ivan Csore]
                  Arrival Date: 25 Nov 1910
                  Age: 17 Years
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1893
                  Gender: Male
                  Ethnic Background: Slovak (Slovakian)
                  Port of Departure: Hamburg, Germany
                  Ship Name: Prinz Oskar
                  Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
                  Friend's Name: Andras Csare
                  Last Residence: Hungary
                  Birthplace: Mucsowy, Hungary
                  Microfilm Roll Number: T840_86

                • Dianne
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 4 6:53 PM
                    ancestry.com is free this weekend!

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 4 8:15 PM
                      The correct village of origin for Csore and Krehlik families seems to be
                      Mucsony (not Muscony), northwest of Miskolc, Hungary. Almost totally Greek
                      Catholic, microfilms of the church records are available through LDS. The
                      small number of Roman Catholics are found with the village of Edeleny, and
                      Reformed with Disznos-Horvat.

                      I don't find that the Tirpaks came from there. It is a common name, but
                      Ellis Island doesn't show any from Mucsony.

                      With so many of you apparently related, someone ought to look up the church
                      records.

                      Janet

                      My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that
                      he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly
                      Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The
                      Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly
                      Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in
                      Muscony Hungary.

                      From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont
                      County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2
                      miles north of Martins Ferry.

                      Joe Krehlik, Jr.

                      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:

                      > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                      > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                      > >
                      > > Thank's,
                      > >
                      > > Dennis

                    • haluska
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 6 7:14 AM
                        Hello Joe,

                        Unfortunatly all of my Csorej's are from Remeniny/Remenye. Although there is a suspicion that prior to settling there (over 100 years) two brothers came from nearby Matiaska.

                        Thanks for reaching out though!

                        Dennis

                        http://members.chello.sk/corej/

                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

                        > Dennis,
                        > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                        >
                        > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                        >
                        > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                        >
                        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                        > >
                        > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                        > >
                        > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                        > >
                        > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                        > >
                        > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                        > >
                        > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks!
                        > >
                        > > Dennis
                        > >

                        > > michael lesko
                        > > B: 1883
                        > > austria-hungary
                        > > D: 8 mar 1921
                        > > mt carmel pa
                        > >
                        > > anna adams
                        > > B: 1 apr 1889
                        > > mt carmel pa
                        > > D: 23 nov 1972
                        > > mt carmel pa
                        > >

                        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                        > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                        > > >
                        > > > Thank's,
                        > > >
                        > > > Dennis

                      • haluska
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                          Joe,

                          It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.

                          Interested?

                          Dennis

                          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

                          > Dennis,
                          > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                          >
                          > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                          >
                          > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                          >
                          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                          > >
                          > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                          > >
                          > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                          > >
                          > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                          > >
                          > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                          > >
                          > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks!
                          > >
                          > > Dennis
                          > >

                          > > michael lesko
                          > > B: 1883
                          > > austria-hungary
                          > > D: 8 mar 1921
                          > > mt carmel pa
                          > >
                          > > anna adams
                          > > B: 1 apr 1889
                          > > mt carmel pa
                          > > D: 23 nov 1972
                          > > mt carmel pa
                          > >

                          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                          > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                          > > >
                          > > > Thank's,
                          > > >
                          > > > Dennis

                        • Elaine
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                            Wow, Dennis, any chance you have naturalization files for my grandfather John Kolarcsik/Klarchick/Clarchick in southwestern PA? I haven't found them in any of the records on Ancestry.com (index or Pittsburgh PA naturalizations)!

                            :-)

                            Elaine

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Jan 25, 2011, at 3:57 AM, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                            > Joe,
                            >
                            > It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.
                            >
                            > Interested?
                            >
                            > Dennis
                            >
                            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Dennis,
                            > > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                            > >
                            > > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                            > >
                            > > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                            > >
                            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                            > > >

                            > > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                            > > >
                            > > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                            > > >
                            > > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                            > > >
                            > > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                            > > >
                            > > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                            > > >
                            > > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                            > > >
                            > > > Thanks!
                            > > >
                            > > > Dennis
                            > > >

                            > > > michael lesko
                            > > > B: 1883
                            > > > austria-hungary
                            > > > D: 8 mar 1921
                            > > > mt carmel pa
                            > > >
                            > > > anna adams
                            > > > B: 1 apr 1889
                            > > > mt carmel pa
                            > > > D: 23 nov 1972
                            > > > mt carmel pa

                          • haluska
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                              Sorry Elaine,

                              Joe's name was so close to my Csorej/Chorey 's that when I was searching a while back I added them to my files intending to sort it out another day.

                              I stumbled upon them last night and could not remember where I saw/heard the name Joseph Ivan before.

                              I posted here back in September looking for info for Mt.Carmel.
                              Low and behold,here he is again....

                              My intentions were to share a success story,but passing on this info to Joe is what Genealogy Groups are all about,Right?

                              Name: Jozsef Csore
                              Ethnicity: Hungary,Slovak
                              Last Place of Residence: Mucsony
                              Arrival: 21 Nov. 1904
                              Age: 18
                              Gender: Male
                              Marital Dtatus: Single
                              Ship: Umbria
                              Departure: Liverpool
                              Line# 12

                              Joseph traveled with His Mother Maria and his Brother and Sister, Julia and Pal.
                              They were going to his Father Janos already in Homestead, Pa.

                              From what I can see,Many others from Mucsony (?) possible relations, also came to the U.S.

                              Dennis