Mt.Carmel PA.

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
      Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
      I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.

      Thank's,

      Dennis
    • Dianne
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
        how nice to see the name of that town.......my family is from there.  if no one replies, i may be able to get the info for you from relatives.

        dianne

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
          i am not sure but i believe Mt Carmel in Pa. is in Schuylkill county.

        • martha.andras
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
            Hi!

            Yes, Mt. Carmel is in Schulykill County, PA. I live in Hazleton, Pa about 45 minutes from Mt. Carmel. The Schuylkill county courthouse is in Pottsville, PA and the web address is www.co.schuylkill.pa.us
            The marriage Docket records from 1885 to the present are all on-line there.

            Also, if you check on rootsweb or the at the Pottsville library's website (www.pottsvillelibrary.org/genie) you will find many helps for Schuylkill County genealogy resources.

            Good luck!

            Martha

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
              Sorry - I misspelled SCHUYLKILL below! I'm a native & still get it wrong sometimes!

              Martha

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

              > Hi!
              >
              > Yes, Mt. Carmel is in Schulykill County, PA. I live in Hazleton, Pa about 45 minutes from Mt. Carmel. The Schuylkill county courthouse is in Pottsville, PA and the web address is www.co.schuylkill.pa.us
              > The marriage Docket records from 1885 to the present are all on-line there.
              >
              > Also, if you check on rootsweb or the at the Pottsville library's website (www.pottsvillelibrary.org/genie) you will find many helps for Schuylkill County genealogy resources.
              >
              > Good luck!
              >
              > Martha
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hmsbob@ wrote:
              > >
              > > i am not sure but i believe Mt Carmel in Pa. is in Schuylkill county.

            • Gina
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
                No Martha,

                Dennis is correct--Mount Carmel is in Northumberland County and is not in
                Schuylkill County. So, depending on what you need Dennis (records, surviving
                surnames, etc.), perhaps you can find it online, or let us know what you're
                looking for and perhaps we can try to help you from there.

                Gina

                On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM, martha.andras <mandras@...> wrote:

                > Hi!
                >
                > Yes, Mt. Carmel is in Schulykill County, PA. I live in Hazleton, Pa about
                > 45 minutes from Mt. Carmel. The Schuylkill county courthouse is in
                > Pottsville, PA and the web address is www.co.schuylkill.pa.us
                > The marriage Docket records from 1885 to the present are all on-line there.
                >

                > Also, if you check on rootsweb or the at the Pottsville library's website (
                > www.pottsvillelibrary.org/genie) you will find many helps for Schuylkill
                > County genealogy resources.
                >
                > Good luck!
                >
                > Martha
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > hmsbob@... wrote:
                > >
                > > i am not sure but i believe Mt Carmel in Pa. is in Schuylkill county.

                The Animal Rescue Site needs your help in feeding previously abused animals
                who are now living their lives in a protective sanctuary or are awaiting
                adoption! Help feed tens of thousands of animals every day with a simple
                click--AT NO COST TO YOU (no catch)! Visit
                http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com today-PLEASE!

                I see a light at the end of the tunnel....It's a train! ;-O

              • martha.andras
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 1, 2010
                    Hi GIns,

                    I'm so sorry - you are correct! And to think I live here! I guess I need a local geography lesson!

                    Martha

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 2, 2010
                      You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......

                      I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.

                      I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21

                      Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.

                      I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.

                      His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.

                      Thanks!

                      Dennis

                      michael lesko
                      B: 1883
                      austria-hungary
                      D: 8 mar 1921
                      mt carmel pa

                      anna adams
                      B: 1 apr 1889
                      mt carmel pa
                      D: 23 nov 1972
                      mt carmel pa

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                      > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                      > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                      >
                      > Thank's,
                      >
                      > Dennis

                    • Joe
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
                        Dennis,
                        My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.

                        From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.

                        Joe Krehlik, Jr.

                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                        > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                        >
                        > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                        >
                        > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                        >
                        > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                        >
                        > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                        >
                        > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                        >
                        > Thanks!
                        >
                        > Dennis
                        >

                        > michael lesko
                        > B: 1883
                        > austria-hungary
                        > D: 8 mar 1921
                        > mt carmel pa
                        >
                        > anna adams
                        > B: 1 apr 1889
                        > mt carmel pa
                        > D: 23 nov 1972
                        > mt carmel pa
                        >

                        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                        > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                        > >
                        > > Thank's,
                        > >
                        > > Dennis

                      • Gloria
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
                          Joe-
                          I found several Janos Csore on Ancestry.com. If you have subscribed to Ancestry.com you can check on them.
                          If not I can try to do it. They were from Hungary. Perhaps this belongs to you?

                          Gloria

                          1856)

                          Private Member Photos
                          Pictures

                          Photo: Janos Ivan Csore
                          Category: Portrait
                          Taken: Aprox. 1907 - Mucsony, Borsod, Hungary
                          Attached To: Janos/John Ivan/Evans Csore/Ivan (born 1877

                          Janos Csare
                          [Janos Ivan Csore]
                          Arrival Date: 25 Nov 1910
                          Age: 17 Years
                          Estimated birth year: abt 1893
                          Gender: Male
                          Ethnic Background: Slovak (Slovakian)
                          Port of Departure: Hamburg, Germany
                          Ship Name: Prinz Oskar
                          Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
                          Friend's Name: Andras Csare
                          Last Residence: Hungary
                          Birthplace: Mucsowy, Hungary
                          Microfilm Roll Number: T840_86

                        • Dianne
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
                            ancestry.com is free this weekend!

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 4, 2010
                              The correct village of origin for Csore and Krehlik families seems to be
                              Mucsony (not Muscony), northwest of Miskolc, Hungary. Almost totally Greek
                              Catholic, microfilms of the church records are available through LDS. The
                              small number of Roman Catholics are found with the village of Edeleny, and
                              Reformed with Disznos-Horvat.

                              I don't find that the Tirpaks came from there. It is a common name, but
                              Ellis Island doesn't show any from Mucsony.

                              With so many of you apparently related, someone ought to look up the church
                              records.

                              Janet

                              My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that
                              he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly
                              Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The
                              Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly
                              Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in
                              Muscony Hungary.

                              From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont
                              County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2
                              miles north of Martins Ferry.

                              Joe Krehlik, Jr.

                              <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> , "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:

                              > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                              > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                              > >
                              > > Thank's,
                              > >
                              > > Dennis

                            • haluska
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 6, 2010
                                Hello Joe,

                                Unfortunatly all of my Csorej's are from Remeniny/Remenye. Although there is a suspicion that prior to settling there (over 100 years) two brothers came from nearby Matiaska.

                                Thanks for reaching out though!

                                Dennis

                                http://members.chello.sk/corej/

                                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

                                > Dennis,
                                > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                                >
                                > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                                >
                                > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                                >
                                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                                > >
                                > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                                > >
                                > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                                > >
                                > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                                > >
                                > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                                > >
                                > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                                > >
                                > > Thanks!
                                > >
                                > > Dennis
                                > >

                                > > michael lesko
                                > > B: 1883
                                > > austria-hungary
                                > > D: 8 mar 1921
                                > > mt carmel pa
                                > >
                                > > anna adams
                                > > B: 1 apr 1889
                                > > mt carmel pa
                                > > D: 23 nov 1972
                                > > mt carmel pa
                                > >

                                > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                                > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                                > > >
                                > > > Thank's,
                                > > >
                                > > > Dennis

                              • haluska
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                                  Joe,

                                  It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.

                                  Interested?

                                  Dennis

                                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:

                                  > Dennis,
                                  > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                                  >
                                  > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                                  >
                                  > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                                  >
                                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                                  > >
                                  > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                                  > >
                                  > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                                  > >
                                  > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                                  > >
                                  > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                                  > >
                                  > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks!
                                  > >
                                  > > Dennis
                                  > >

                                  > > michael lesko
                                  > > B: 1883
                                  > > austria-hungary
                                  > > D: 8 mar 1921
                                  > > mt carmel pa
                                  > >
                                  > > anna adams
                                  > > B: 1 apr 1889
                                  > > mt carmel pa
                                  > > D: 23 nov 1972
                                  > > mt carmel pa
                                  > >

                                  > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Is anyone in the group living near Mt.Carmel in Northumberland County.
                                  > > > I have a question or two about the area and obtaining records.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Thank's,
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Dennis

                                • Elaine
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                                    Wow, Dennis, any chance you have naturalization files for my grandfather John Kolarcsik/Klarchick/Clarchick in southwestern PA? I haven't found them in any of the records on Ancestry.com (index or Pittsburgh PA naturalizations)!

                                    :-)

                                    Elaine

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    On Jan 25, 2011, at 3:57 AM, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

                                    > Joe,
                                    >
                                    > It took me awhile to remember where I saw the name Joseph Ivan Csore,but I have your Grandfather's Naturalization records in my files.
                                    >
                                    > Interested?
                                    >
                                    > Dennis
                                    >
                                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <joe.krehlik@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Dennis,
                                    > > My gGrandfather was Janos Ivan Csore. I don't have much on him except that he was married to Mary Juhasz. His daughter, Mary Ivan Csore married Mihaly Krehlik who died in the mine in 1921 and she remarried to John Tirpak. The Csore's, the Krehlik's & the Tirpak's all seem to come through PA - mostly Allegheny County. Could possibly be the same. All seem to have originated in Muscony Hungary.
                                    > >
                                    > > From Allegheny County, PA., then migrated to Ohio - Martins Ferry, Belmont County and worked in a mine in Gaylord, Jefferson County, Ohio, about 2 miles north of Martins Ferry.
                                    > >
                                    > > Joe Krehlik, Jr.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                                    > > >

                                    > > > You guys had me going for awhile.I have been very careful to get things correct when I post.......
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I may take you up on that offer Diane.The Library in Mt.Carmel wants $15.00 bucks for 5 indexed obituaries! .25 cents a copy if you do it yourself.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I have a 1/2 brother relationship that settled in Mt.Carmel and is buried in The Greek Catholic Cemetery there......his obit.appeared in the local paper and is indexed under the name of "Lescho, Michael" 3/11/21
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Mike Lesko married Anna Adams in Mt.Carmel.I would love to close the file on this guy.I have been searching for him a number of years.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I found him in Mt.Carmel off of his 1/2 brothers 1904 ship passenger list. Janos Csore (Csorej/Chorey) was going to his brother "Mihaly Glesko" upon his arrival in the U.S.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > His wife Anna Adams has me interested too. She was Slovak and I am curious as to what the Adams surname is actually.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Thanks!
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Dennis
                                    > > >

                                    > > > michael lesko
                                    > > > B: 1883
                                    > > > austria-hungary
                                    > > > D: 8 mar 1921
                                    > > > mt carmel pa
                                    > > >
                                    > > > anna adams
                                    > > > B: 1 apr 1889
                                    > > > mt carmel pa
                                    > > > D: 23 nov 1972
                                    > > > mt carmel pa

                                  • haluska
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 25, 2011
                                      Sorry Elaine,

                                      Joe's name was so close to my Csorej/Chorey 's that when I was searching a while back I added them to my files intending to sort it out another day.

                                      I stumbled upon them last night and could not remember where I saw/heard the name Joseph Ivan before.

                                      I posted here back in September looking for info for Mt.Carmel.
                                      Low and behold,here he is again....

                                      My intentions were to share a success story,but passing on this info to Joe is what Genealogy Groups are all about,Right?

                                      Name: Jozsef Csore
                                      Ethnicity: Hungary,Slovak
                                      Last Place of Residence: Mucsony
                                      Arrival: 21 Nov. 1904
                                      Age: 18
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Marital Dtatus: Single
                                      Ship: Umbria
                                      Departure: Liverpool
                                      Line# 12

                                      Joseph traveled with His Mother Maria and his Brother and Sister, Julia and Pal.
                                      They were going to his Father Janos already in Homestead, Pa.

                                      From what I can see,Many others from Mucsony (?) possible relations, also came to the U.S.

                                      Dennis