Josephud PUNDCSAK

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 28 7:59 PM
      Hi Everyone,

      Would someone be willing to look at a file in the Pilot for me? I have it saved to my computer and tried to upload it several times here on the group both as a photo and a file. For some reason it will not upload.

      The file I'm looking at is under the Roman Catholic records for Dulpin in the Slovakia, Presov Region Church Books 1592-1906. Second group of records on page 213. It is the 7th name down. I think it is a death record for Josephus PUNDCSAK but I'm not sure and I need the information translated.

      Thanks for any help you can give!

      Martha
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 28 10:05 PM
        Martha,
        I took a look at your record. Here is what I made of it.
        A Marriage: Feb 19, 1842 in Latin
        Nomen Cognomen - Josephus (Jozef) Pundsak
        Aetas (Age) 31 an. (annos / years)
        Anne Blasko marius (wife)
        Status - faber (maker, smith) ferarins (unknown)
        Provisus v. non - 0078 provisus (male form for Who Provided) It looks like a number to me, not a name.
        Locus (Place, residence) - First letter is hard to make out, looks like a J with 6 touching the top of the J. the the letters issinetz.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 29 4:53 AM
          Hi Martha,

          I agree with Michael with his reading of the entry in the churchbook DUPLIN. The place of death could be Tissinetz/ Tizse'ny/ Tissinec (cz). The village TISINEC is south of Duplin along that river Ondava.

          Christine

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 29 9:20 AM
            Martha,
            Here is what I can make of the record.

            Curt B.

            Col. 1 date 19 Feb.
            Col. 2 burier: Pastor of the place
            Col. 3 Name of decedebt: Josephus Pundsak
            Col. 4 age: 31 years
            Col. 5 condition or marriage: married to Anne Blasko
            Col. 6 status: faber ferrarius = Blacksmith
            Col. 7 regular or not: Not sure what this column means, but it appears that the priest just puts in notes on religious condition of decedent. He notes on the first one on the page that the person has "repented" Here under Pundsak he just notes prorsus=regular.

            Col. 8 Place: Here Tissinetz refers to the place of origin, not burial since we already know the death and burial takes place in Dulpin.
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

            > Hi Everyone,
            >
            > Would someone be willing to look at a file in the Pilot for me? I have it saved to my computer and tried to upload it several times here on the group both as a photo and a file. For some reason it will not upload.
            >
            > The file I'm looking at is under the Roman Catholic records for Dulpin in the Slovakia, Presov Region Church Books 1592-1906. Second group of records on page 213. It is the 7th name down. I think it is a death record for Josephus PUNDCSAK but I'm not sure and I need the information translated.
            >
            > Thanks for any help you can give!
            >
            > Martha

          • CurtB
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 29 9:39 AM
              Martha,
              Added note to my remarks about death and burial of Pundsak.
              After more careful reading of several pages, the mysterious column is a record of whether the deceased received the last sacraments (Extreme Unction) whether a confession was heard, and whether it was done provisionally or not. Provisionally would be when the person was too ill or unconscious to participate in any way. So Pundsak gets recorded as prorsus, ordinary.

              Curt B.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

              > Hi Everyone,
              >
              > Would someone be willing to look at a file in the Pilot for me? I have it saved to my computer and tried to upload it several times here on the group both as a photo and a file. For some reason it will not upload.
              >
              > The file I'm looking at is under the Roman Catholic records for Dulpin in the Slovakia, Presov Region Church Books 1592-1906. Second group of records on page 213. It is the 7th name down. I think it is a death record for Josephus PUNDCSAK but I'm not sure and I need the information translated.
              >
              > Thanks for any help you can give!
              >
              > Martha

            • martha.andras
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 29 2:29 PM
                Hi!

                Thank you to Curt, Michael and Christine for translating the listing for Josephus PUNDSAK! I am sure he was my ancestor one generation further back than I already had documented! That "mysterious column" is quite interesting. I never would have thought of Last Rites.

                If you don't mind, I have one more record I need translated. It is under the Greek Catholic record for Stropkov, Group 3 (1819-1868), page 103, Death # 31 (second from the bottom of the page). I THINK it is for Maria PUNDSAK but need the rest translated.

                Thank you so much!

                Martha

                > Martha,
                > Added note to my remarks about death and burial of Pundsak.
                > After more careful reading of several pages, the mysterious column is a record of whether the deceased received the last sacraments (Extreme Unction) whether a confession was heard, and whether it was done provisionally or not. Provisionally would be when the person was too ill or unconscious to participate in any way. So Pundsak gets recorded as prorsus, ordinary.
                >
                > Curt B.
                >
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Everyone,
                > >
                > > Would someone be willing to look at a file in the Pilot for me? I have it saved to my computer and tried to upload it several times here on the group both as a photo and a file. For some reason it will not upload.
                > >
                > > The file I'm looking at is under the Roman Catholic records for Dulpin in the Slovakia, Presov Region Church Books 1592-1906. Second group of records on page 213. It is the 7th name down. I think it is a death record for Josephus PUNDCSAK but I'm not sure and I need the information translated.
                > >
                > > Thanks for any help you can give!
                > >
                > > Martha

              • Joe Armata
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 29 3:25 PM
                  I think that last column might have "provsus", short for "provisus",
                  meaning "provided", meaning Last Rites were provided. Here's a
                  translation page, see the line for "Fuitne provisus Sacramentis
                  Moribundorum":

                  http://vader.bmi.net/jjaso/Latin_Terms_and_Phrases.html

                  Joe

                  > Martha,
                  > Added note to my remarks about death and burial of Pundsak.
                  > After more careful reading of several pages, the mysterious column is a
                  > record of whether the deceased received the last sacraments (Extreme
                  > Unction) whether a confession was heard, and whether it was done
                  > provisionally or not. Provisionally would be when the person was too ill
                  > or unconscious to participate in any way. So Pundsak gets recorded as
                  > prorsus, ordinary.
                  >
                  > Curt B.
                  >
                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>, "martha.andras" <mandras@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Everyone,
                  > >
                  > > Would someone be willing to look at a file in the Pilot for me? I
                  > have it saved to my computer and tried to upload it several times here
                  > on the group both as a photo and a file. For some reason it will not
                  > upload.
                  > >
                  > > The file I'm looking at is under the Roman Catholic records for
                  > Dulpin in the Slovakia, Presov Region Church Books 1592-1906. Second
                  > group of records on page 213. It is the 7th name down. I think it is a
                  > death record for Josephus PUNDCSAK but I'm not sure and I need the
                  > information translated.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for any help you can give!
                  > >
                  > > Martha
                  > >

                  > __._,_
                • Michael Mojher
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 31 9:50 AM
                    Martha,
                    I scanned your entry to a friend who is from Hungary. Hopefully, she can give you a translation.

                    Thank you to Curt, Michael and Christine for translating the listing for Josephus PUNDSAK! I am sure he was my ancestor one generation further back than I already had documented! That "mysterious column" is quite interesting. I never would have thought of Last Rites.

                    If you don't mind, I have one more record I need translated. It is under the Greek Catholic record for Stropkov, Group 3 (1819-1868), page 103, Death # 31 (second from the bottom of the page). I THINK it is for Maria PUNDSAK but need the rest translated.

                    Thank you so much!

                    Martha

                    > Martha,
                    > Added note to my remarks about death and burial of Pundsak.
                    > After more careful reading of several pages, the mysterious column is a record of whether the deceased received the last sacraments (Extreme Unction) whether a confession was heard, and whether it was done provisionally or not. Provisionally would be when the person was too ill or unconscious to participate in any way. So Pundsak gets recorded as prorsus, ordinary.
                    >
                    > Curt B.
                    >
                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Everyone,
                    > >
                    > > Would someone be willing to look at a file in the Pilot for me? I have it saved to my computer and tried to upload it several times here on the group both as a photo and a file. For some reason it will not upload.
                    > >
                    > > The file I'm looking at is under the Roman Catholic records for Dulpin in the Slovakia, Presov Region Church Books 1592-1906. Second group of records on page 213. It is the 7th name down. I think it is a death record for Josephus PUNDCSAK but I'm not sure and I need the information translated.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for any help you can give!
                    > >
                    > > Martha

                  • martha.andras
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
                      Hi Michael,

                      Great - thank you!

                      Martha

                      > Martha,
                      > I scanned your entry to a friend who is from Hungary. Hopefully, she can give you a translation.

                    • Michael Mojher
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 8, 2010
                        Martha,
                        I have been out of the loop for a week having surgery. I'm still waiting hear from my Hungarian friend.

                        > I scanned your entry to a friend who is from Hungary. Hopefully, she can give you a translation.

                      • martha.andras
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 8, 2010
                          Hi Michael - thanks for remembering and I hope you are feeling well!
                          Martha

                        • hmsbob@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 9, 2010
                            john: welcome back hope all went well and you are in complete recovery

                            bob