MUTNANSKY FAMILY

  • jajames@cloudnet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2000
      I have successfully found the births of my Grandmother Helena
      Mutnansky and her 6 sisters on the Ilava Church records from the LDS
      library. This has fulfilled a major quest, but now I would like to go
      further in my search.

      I have information that three of these sisters each gave birth to a
      child whose birth place is listed as Budapest, Hungary in various
      documents such as birth certificates or US Federal census records.

      Is there any way I can trace these women through Budapest or
      Hungarian records? I would like to learn the children's father's
      names if possible.

      Any advice as to how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

      Judy
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, jajames@c... wrote:
        > I have successfully found the births of my Grandmother Helena
        > Mutnansky and her 6 sisters on the Ilava Church records from the LDS
        > library. This has fulfilled a major quest, but now I would like to
        go
        > further in my search.
        >
        > I have information that three of these sisters each gave birth to a
        > child whose birth place is listed as Budapest, Hungary in various
        > documents such as birth certificates or US Federal census records.
        >
        > Is there any way I can trace these women through Budapest or
        > Hungarian records? I would like to learn the children's father's
        > names if possible.
        >
        > Any advice as to how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Judy

        You could write the Magyar Országos Levéltár (Hungarian National
        Archives in Budapest)
        But need to write in Hungarian.

        MOL address :
        Bécsi kapu tér 2/4
        1014 Budapest
        Magyarország

        The LDS also filmed the records that were in the Hungarian National
        Archives in the 1960s.

        Look in FH Library catalog under Hungary (not Slovakia)
        Microfilms are listed by place name and by religion.

        For Budapest Fo"város Levéltára (Budapest City Archives) you need
        the district name or the address to locate records.

        BFL address :
        Vársház u. 9/11
        1052 Budapest
        Magyarország

        Also the appropriate megye (county) provincial archives may
        have records (probably the more recent records) if outside of
        Budapest.

        Research in Hungary is regulated by privacy law and records have
        to be a certain age before they can be accessed.

        birth records : before 1910 (last 90 years N/A)
        marriage records : before 1940 (last 60 years N/A)
        death records : before 1970 (last 30 years N/A)

        http://feefhs.org/ah/hu/huarchiv.html
      • Judy/Dick James
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2000
          Thanks for all the information,Frank. I guess that is a route I cannot
          travel at this time as I don't have any information concerning the districts
          for my great-aunts. Do you recall seeing a district listed on the Hungarian
          birth certificate that I posted? Perhaps that is a starting point.

          I will keep the information you just gave me in a handy place in case I can
          find a district name to start my search.

          Judy