Canadians can now order LDS films online

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 19 7:49 AM
      According to one report, Canadians now join the folks in Australia and New Zealand in being able to order LDS films and fiches online. Apparently, this is effective today.

      Here's a link with the story. http://anglo-celtic-connections.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-ordering-system-at-canadian-family.html

      Here's the order point: https://film.familysearch.org/
    • Nickh
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19 8:21 PM
        >John, I ordered my first lot online and have viewed 4 of them, one
        >with some success . I got an email when they were available at the local FHC.

        Take your spectacles, it is hard work going through all that old
        fashioned writing.
        regards
        Nick

        No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
        William Blake
      • Carl
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 20 9:56 AM
          I went to the LDS site and it doesn't appear to restrict the ordering of films to just Canadians. It looks like anyone can order films on-line no matter where they live. This is great for those of us who live at a distance from a FHC. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon.
          CK

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nickh <nickh@...> wrote:

          > >John, I ordered my first lot online and have viewed 4 of them, one
          > >with some success . I got an email when they were available at the local FHC.
          >
          > Take your spectacles, it is hard work going through all that old
          > fashioned writing.
          > regards
          > Nick
          >

          > No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
          > William Blake

        • Carl
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 20 11:10 AM
            Well, I guess not everyone can order films on-line from the LDS after all. When I tried to set up an account and selected the United States and Ohio from the drop-down menu, it said there are no FHCs in that area. But of course there are, so I guess it is not set up for the US yet. Bummer!

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <kotlarchik@...> wrote:

            > I went to the LDS site and it doesn't appear to restrict the ordering of films to just Canadians. It looks like anyone can order films on-line no matter where they live. This is great for those of us who live at a distance from a FHC. I'm going to give it a try this afternoon.
            > CK
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nickh <nickh@> wrote:
            > >

            > > >John, I ordered my first lot online and have viewed 4 of them, one
            > > >with some success . I got an email when they were available at the local FHC.
            > >
            > > Take your spectacles, it is hard work going through all that old
            > > fashioned writing.
            > > regards
            > > Nick
            > >

            > > No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
            > > William Blake

          • Daa Schoe
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 21 1:26 PM
              I'm confused. I used to go to the local FHC and read MFs that I ordered. That FHC is now closed. If I could order MF's, where could I read them? Are the MF's digitized so you can read them on your PC?
            • Nickh
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22 2:31 AM
                >Not in AUS. You will need to find another FHC and order the MF or
                >film you want.

                go to this page and create an account click the join now button. I am
                not an expert but I can't see where or why it is restricted to
                certain countries. Once you have a login and password you tell them
                the closest FHC that you want the films sent and away you go.
                http://www.lds.net/login/members_only/

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 22 9:04 AM
                  Hi Nick,
                  I was not able to establish an account from the US even though it appears in the drop down menu. When I contacted the LDS about it, they told me that it is not available yet in the US but the plan is to eventually have it available to everyone.