Re: [S-R] Re: Mokos's in Jelsovce, SK ?? - Request for Assistance

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 17, 2010
      John,
      I looked in the 1995 Slovak Census under Mokos. Jalsove had 15 of them. Of equally interest to you is just up river on the north side of Piestany in the village of Velke Orviste another 11 lived. So that not that far away from each other were two villages with a goodly number of Mokos. By the way, the Slovak spelling is with a "v" above the "s". This does matter in Slovakia.