RE: [S-R] Help with Latin names from Jalso near Piestany-Drahovce

  • lkocik@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2010
      Dorian is also from the name Isadore.
      There was a Saint Wendelin [German]. I have a second great uncle Vendelin...v and w being interchangable.
      Larry
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On

      Behalf Of zhivago928

      Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:23 AM

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

      Greetings to all. This morning I went through a microfilm at our local and

      was able to identify several potential relatives from my mother's father's

      side. The family name is Mokos and we believe that they came from Jalso, a

      small village near Piestany and Drahovce. I came across three male surnames

      that I have no idea how they would potentially translate into English. There

      three surnames are:

      Ludovius

      Jsidorus

      Vindelinius

      Can anyone tell me how these names would translate into English? Any

      assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

      Elliott Nowacky

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2010
        St Vendelin is the patron saint of animals in Slovakia - i am assuming farm
        animals.

        helene