Re: [S-R] Re: Mystery in Kurimka

  • Dianne
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 10, 2010
      My grandfather,John, married and had a son, John, born in slovakia.  He and his wife came to the US and had another child Anna.  My grandfathers wife died...he remarried and proceeded to have 12 children.  The last son born to them was also named John.  that was a bit odd to the oldest John.  He decided to use a different spelling for HIS last name...which has caused lots of strange stories in the family.

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 13, 2010
        I had just one sister, but our parents solved the issue quite simply -- they named her Mary Ann.

        From: Nancy Hayes <viewcards@...>
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, August 13, 2010, 4:37 PM

        My Aunt Mary was born Maria in Hungary; my Aunt Annie was born Anna in the USA.

        Nancy