RE: [S-R] Mystery in Kurimka

    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 10, 2010
      I don't have time to view the records, but let me throw out some food for
      thought

      1. Was each child actually christened? If it was prior to 1895, the church
      had to maintain the civil record for each birth in the village. It could be
      possible the child was never christend but recorded.
      2. Can you find a marriage record for any of these names later on, and trace
      it back the date of birth and parents?
      3. what about mistakes? Are you good at following handwriting as it
      degrades with age? Any correlation to the priest (same priest or different
      one?) You may want to look around with questions like this to develop
      circumstantial evidence.

      Gotta go

      Bill

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 13, 2010
        I had just one sister, but our parents solved the issue quite simply -- they named her Mary Ann.

        From: Nancy Hayes <viewcards@...>
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, August 13, 2010, 4:37 PM

        My Aunt Mary was born Maria in Hungary; my Aunt Annie was born Anna in the USA.

        Nancy