RE: [S-R] Mystery in Kurimka

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 10, 2010
      Dear Donna,

      Yes, I did run across a similar set of records of baptisms with the same
      name, same parentage, same godparents which were several years apart. There
      was no death record for the earliest and in fact that one later fathered a
      child. It could not have been the second one because he would have been only
      12 years old. Nor was I able to find any further records for the "second"
      one (i.e., marriage, death). I have been unable to come up with an
      explanation; it remains a puzzle. One wag suggested that the boy might have
      been so evil, he needed to be baptized twice!

      Can't help with the Anna Marie either except that it was very rare that
      children were given a middle name. The exception was the nobility. However,
      you will occasionally find what they would term a "double first" name, in
      the same sense we might.

      Janet

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 13, 2010
        I had just one sister, but our parents solved the issue quite simply -- they named her Mary Ann.

        From: Nancy Hayes <viewcards@...>
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, August 13, 2010, 4:37 PM

        My Aunt Mary was born Maria in Hungary; my Aunt Annie was born Anna in the USA.

        Nancy