Re: [S-R] Amelia Gurkova

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2010
      Tom,
      Since your story is so fascinating I will try to keep it in mind on my next trip to Slovakia. I am always passing through Spisska Nova Ves on my "Circle Tour" out and back to Presov.
      With the connections you have I would hope that someone in Slovakia might come up with something for you.
      As for the Pasztorek surname; the 1995 Census has 53 listing in 22 places. The top ten are shown. There seems to be a lot of them in Komarno County. Which I believe is southeast of Spisska Nova Ves.
      Priezvisko PASZTOREK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 53×, celkový pocet lokalít: 22, najcastejsie výskyty v lokalitách:
      IMEL, okr. KOMÁRNO - 9×;
      BRESTOVEC, okr. KOMÁRNO - 5×;
      SOKOLCE, okr. KOMÁRNO - 5×;
      MARTOVCE, okr. KOMÁRNO - 4×;
      DULOV DVOR (obec KOMÁRNO), okr. KOMÁRNO - 3×;
      NOVÉ ZÁMKY, okr. NOVÉ ZÁMKY - 3×;
      PETRZALKA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA - 3×;
      VELKÝ MEDER, okr. DUNAJSKÁ STREDA - 2×;
      BÚC, okr. KOMÁRNO - 2×;
      JELKA, okr. GALANTA - 2×;

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2010
        What is the source for finding names in the 1995 Census?

        Is it online?

        thanks,

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9, 2010
          Yes it is online.
          It is part of a much larger data base that includes a lot of grammar and dictionary functions. The best way is to go to the link and learn from the "instructions" lesson.
          http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm Under "Places" you will see this link. Slovakia Surname & Settlement search (instructions) Click on "(instructions)" to learn how to use it. Then click on the prior.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2010

            Yes. http://slovniky.juls.savba.sk/