TEST RESULTS

  • Nancy Hayes
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
      I received my results last week from the National Geographic Genographic
      Project DNA tests. On my mom's side, I'm Haplogroup K; on my dad's side I'm
      Haplogroup R1a1 (M198).

      If anyone can elaborate on these Haplogroups and what nationalities they
      represent, or any other information, that would be great. Not really sure
      what it all means other than the map shows where my ancestors migrated from
      and to which I found to be very interesting.

      Nancy

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1a_%28Y-DNA%29

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
          Thanks!

          Nancy

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
            Haplogroups do NOT represent ANY nationalities. Haplogroups came into existence long before any present day nationalities existed. Though this is a common misconception.

            Curt B.

          • hmsbob@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
              nancy: what did you have to do to get information on the natl geographic
              dna testing how do you go about getting information. thanks for any info
              u can provide

              bob

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
                Hi Bob,

                Visit www.nationalgeographic.com/genographic

                This site explains everything. What the project is about, how you can participate by getting your DNA tested to show where your ancestors migrated from and to, and the only way to get your results of the test is to type in on their site a special code that is given with each test; each person has their own code. If you lose the code, there’s no way you can get your test results.

                Nancy