lookin for information

  • hmsbob@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 24, 2010
      I was wondering if any one in this group came from KOSKOVCE,SLOVAKIA, or
      has relatives. friends who might have come from koskovce or any
      information pertinent to the area. anything at all will be appreciated. My mother
      was born there her maiden name was susan jencikova. If anyone knows if
      there is anybody or anyway to communicate with someone there. thank you for
      any information or help that is provided.

      Bob Magotch (magac,magach)

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 24, 2010
        Bob,
        Here is the surnames found in Koskovce. I think you will find something familiar.

        Koskovce
        county: Humenné

        OLD NAMES of the village(town): 1773 Koskocz, Koskowcze, 1786 Koschkocz, Koschkowce, 1808 Koskócz, Kosskowce, 1863-1913 Koskóc, 1920- Koskovce

        SURNAMES:
        Backo Backo Backová Bacovcin Bachura Balica Barník Benec Bindas Bober Bober Bocanová Bosková Danko
        Danko Danková Dudo Dudová Ferko Ficík Gajdos Gajdos Gajdosová Gajdosová Golubov Gres Gres Gres Gres
        Gres Gres Gresová Grundza Guzíková Horský Horvat Horvát Horvát Horvát Horvát Hrabovský Chovancová Chovanec
        Jencík Jencík Jencík Jencík Karvasová Kavcák Kocan Kocan Kocanová Kovác Kovác Kramová Kulha Labanc
        Lesnaková Lukác Makar Makarová Malecová Marko Marko Mato Mato Melnicáková Mihalik Michalík Michalko
        Panko Sabo Sabová Smerek Valichnácová Veliký Zidzik

        SURNAMES added recently in 2008: Alexovic Backo Backová Bacovcinová Bachura Bachurová Ballek Barník Barníková Belcák Belcáková Benec Bilá Bilý Blacha Bober Boberová Bocan Bocanová Bosko Bosková Brza Brzová Ciklaminy Copanová Danko Danková Ferko Ficik Ficík Ficiková Gajdos Gajdosová Ganovský Gavura Gavurová Gres Gresová Grundza Grundzová Guzik Horvát Horvátová Hrabovský Chovancová Chovanec Chromý Jencík Jencíková Klubertová Kocan Kocanová Kostová Kovác Kovácová Kram Kulha Kulhová Labanc Labancová Lesko Lesková Lesnák Lesnáková Lisakovská Lisakovský Lukácová Makar Makarová Marko Marková Mato Melnicák Michalík Michalíková Michalko Michalková Murník Murníková Panko Papincáková Povchan Povchanová Sabo Sabová Slávik Slivka Simko Simková Sukalová Timák Timáková Tovarnák Tovarnáková Trebisovská Valaliková Valichnác Valichnácová Zidzik Zidziková

        http://en.e-obce.sk/obec/koskovce/koskovce.html This is a link to a page that will give you some information about Koskovce. The town also has a webpage, the link is also there.

        http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/presov/humenne/koskovce/ Here is a link to a map page. You can zoom in and out. Not to far to left is a very nice lake. I spent a couple of weekends by it. There are three map formats: Map, Satellite and Terrain.

        The records for Koskovce are online for viewing. They are Roman Catholic records.

        http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start Click on this link to open.

        1) Click "Search or Browse our Records". 2) Click "Browse Collection" 3) Scroll down to Slovakia, about 3/4 the way to the bottom. 4) Click on the second Slovakia choice. 5) Click on Roman Catholic. 6) Scroll down to Koskovce. 7) Click on Koskovce. 7) Click on the record choices. There are 9 to choose from. 8) Click on "View (a number) Images". There is an advance arrow in the upper right. Entering a number does no good. You have to advance a number at a time.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 24, 2010
          BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }Hi
          Bob,
          It appears that there is no website for the village; I did find a
          Facebook page for the library: Obecna kniznica Koskovce. You might
          find someone there who can communicate in English.
          It appears to be quite a small village; VSOS gives its population
          for several years between 1869 and 1970, and its low was 345 persons
          and its high 580. The entry indicates a Roman Catholic church.
          Since it's in the Presov district, its church records should be
          online at pilot.familysearch.org, but that village isn't listed. The
          nearest town that is listed is Hankovce.
          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...
          On Sat 07/24/10 11:21 AM , hmsbob@... sent:
          I was wondering if any one in this group came from
          KOSKOVCE,SLOVAKIA, or
          has relatives. friends who might have come from koskovce or any
          information pertinent to the area. anything at all will be
          appreciated. My mother
          was born there her maiden name was susan jencikova. If anyone
          knows if
          there is anybody or anyway to communicate with someone there.
          thank you for
          any information or help that is provided.
          Bob Magotch (magac,magach)
          Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional
          To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)
          To change settings via email:
          SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com [2]
          SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com [3]
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Links:
          ------
          [2] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
          [3] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • J.Michutka
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 24, 2010
            }Michael, were you able to get into http://slovnik.juls.savba.sk/ [1]
            ? I haven't been able to get in today. And where did you get the 2008
            surname list??? Boy, I could use that!
            You obviously had better luck than I in finding a town website! I'm
            embarrassed that I missed that one.
            Re: the Catholic records: those are for Kokosovce (formerly
            Kakasfalu), not Koskovce.
            Julie Michutka
            jmm@...
            On Sat 07/24/10 7:26 PM , "Michael Mojher" mgmojher@...
            sent:
            SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com [5]
            SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com [6]
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Links:
            ------
            [1] http://slovnik.juls.savba.sk/
            [2] mailto:hmsbob@...
            [3] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
            [5] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
            [6] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 24, 2010
              Julie,
              Thanks for the correction. Hankovce is just a mile to the south. They might be in those records.
              It looks like savba.sk is down for the day.
              The 2008 Surname lists appear every once in a while on the pages of the villages that can be found at http://www.cisarik.com/ There is a grid map of Eastern Slovakia. Click on one of the boxes and a map comes up of that area. Each village is circled. Click on the village and its page will come up. Scroll to the bottom to get the 2008 entries.
              The town website was not coming up. May be there is a problem in Slovakia today.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                }Thanks, Michael.
                I've often noticed that it's harder to get onto Slovak websites at
                night (EST); but this appears to be weekend-long. Hope it comes back
                soon, as it's a resource I use a lot!
                Thanks for the cisarik website. I've explored it a little in the
                past, and then forgot about it, but I'm doing so much more Slovak
                genealogical research now that I need to add it to my list of websites
                to regularly check.
                Julie Michutka
                jmm@...
                On Sat 07/24/10 9:15 PM , "Michael Mojher" mgmojher@...
                sent:
                jmm@... [2]
                On Sat 07/24/10 7:26 PM , "Michael Mojher" mgmojher@... [3]

                SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com [7] [5]
                SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com [8] [6]
                [2] hmsbob@... [10]
                [3] SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [11]
                [5] SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com [13]
                [6] SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com [14]
                SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com [17]
                SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com [18]
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Links:
                ------
                [1] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                [2] mailto:jmm@...
                [3] mailto:mgmojher@...
                [4] mailto:hmsbob@...
                [5] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                [7] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                [8] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                [10] mailto:hmsbob@...
                [11] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                [13] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                [14] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                [17] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                [18] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              • Michael Mojher
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                  Julie,
                  When I begin a search I jump to Bill's "Toolbox". I'll begin with the "savba.sk" because there is usually a surname or village. If you can establish that all important location, location, location. Then you are on your way. I use cisarik.com to verify the savba.sk finds if the village is in Eastern Slovakia. Radix.com is my next source for village and surnames if the first two come up short. Then for immigration searches I use Stephen Morse's website.
                  I am with you on the wish that they get savba.sk up and running soon.
                  It is interesting how there is this core of us out of the 1000+ members that are the regular contributors. I don't mind at all, having been a member since 1999. After six trips to Slovakia it is a pleasure to help people reconnect with their roots, knowing what a beautiful and unique country it is.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                    Julie,

                    It’s harder at night HERE because it is daytime THERE and all of the Slovaks
                    are on the sites.

                    Frank

                    _____

                    I've often noticed that it's harder to get onto Slovak websites at
                    night (EST); but this appears to be weekend-long. Hope it comes back
                    soon, as it's a resource I use a lot!
                    Thanks for the cisarik website. I've explored it a little in the
                    past, and then forgot about it, but I'm doing so much more Slovak
                    genealogical research now that I need to add it to my list of websites
                    to regularly check.
                    Julie Michutka
                    jmm@... <mailto:jmm%40pathbridge.net>
                    On Sat 07/24/10 9:15 PM , "Michael Mojher" mgmojher@...
                    <mailto:mgmojher%40comcast.net>
[...]
                    jmm@... <mailto:jmm%40pathbridge.net> [2]
                    On Sat 07/24/10 7:26 PM , "Michael Mojher" mgmojher@...
                    <mailto:mgmojher%40comcast.net> [3]
[...]

                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest%40yahoogroups.com> [7] [5]
                    SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com> [8] [6]
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> [9] [7]
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    Links:
                    ------
                    [1] http://slovnik.juls.savba.sk/
                    [2] hmsbob@... <mailto:hmsbob%40aol.com> [10]
                    [3] SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [11]
                    [4] SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYahoo
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo> [12]
                    [5] SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest%40yahoogroups.com> [13]
                    [6] SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com> [14]
                    [7] SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> [15]
                    Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional
                    To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)
                    To change settings via email:
                    SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest%40yahoogroups.com> [17]
                    SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com> [18]
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> [19]

                    [2] mailto:jmm@... <mailto:jmm%40pathbridge.net>
                    [3] mailto:mgmojher@... <mailto:mgmojher%40comcast.net>
                    [4] mailto:hmsbob@... <mailto:hmsbob%40aol.com>
                    [6] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYahoo
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo>
                    [7] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [8] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [9] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [10] mailto:hmsbob@... <mailto:hmsbob%40aol.com>
                    [12] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYahoo
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo>
                    [13] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [14] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [15] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [16] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYahoo
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo>
                    [17] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-digest%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [18] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                    [19] mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

                  • CurtB
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                      Slovakia is now running on CEST time. Central European Summer Time. Bratislava is only six hours earlier than New York, and seven hours earlier than Chicago. So 8PM to midnight in the U.S. ought to be the best time.

                      Curt b.

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Frank R Plichta" <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

                      > Julie,
                      >

                      > It's harder at night HERE because it is daytime THERE and all of the Slovaks
                      > are on the sites.
                      >
                      > Frank
                      >

                      > _____

                    • Julie Michutka
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                        On Jul 25, 2010, at 4:56 PM, CurtB wrote:

                        > Slovakia is now running on CEST time. Central European Summer
                        > Time. Bratislava is only six hours earlier than New York, and seven
                        > hours earlier than Chicago. So 8PM to midnight in the U.S. ought to
                        > be the best time.

                        And yet that is when I've found things to slow down.

                        To be fair, I haven't been on Slovak sites during those hours in
                        several months. But before, yep, big slow down in the few hours
                        before midnight Eastern time.

                        Julie
                      • Michael Mojher
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                          I just used savba.sk.

                          On Jul 25, 2010, at 4:56 PM, CurtB wrote:

                          > Slovakia is now running on CEST time. Central European Summer
                          > Time. Bratislava is only six hours earlier than New York, and seven
                          > hours earlier than Chicago. So 8PM to midnight in the U.S. ought to
                          > be the best time.

                          And yet that is when I've found things to slow down.

                          To be fair, I haven't been on Slovak sites during those hours in
                          several months. But before, yep, big slow down in the few hours
                          before midnight Eastern time.

                          Julie

                        • M Jenner
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                            My cousin RNDr. Peter Andras is a mineralogist at the Slovak Academy of Science
                            in Banska Bystrica. He was the director there but not sure if he still is as he
                            accepted a position as a professor at the university also. What genealogical
                            purpose do you use their site for?

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                              We use this link - http://slovnik.juls.savba.sk/ From what I understand it is more linguistic in nature. But it does have function that is tied into the 1995 Slovak Census results.

                              On Jul 25, 2010, at 4:56 PM, CurtB wrote:

                              > Slovakia is now running on CEST time. Central European Summer
                              > Time. Bratislava is only six hours earlier than New York, and seven
                              > hours earlier than Chicago. So 8PM to midnight in the U.S. ought to
                              > be the best time.

                              And yet that is when I've found things to slow down.

                              To be fair, I haven't been on Slovak sites during those hours in
                              several months. But before, yep, big slow down in the few hours
                              before midnight Eastern time.

                              Julie

                            • Ron
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                                You remind me of the "America effect" Europeans (Germans specifically) complained about in the 1990's when I worked there, and that I experienced. Our challenge was to get our internet work done before New York and the rest of the USA woke up, as they caused a notable slowdown in the internet.

                                Am sitting here in B'lava after two day of cooler weather & some rain after a week of very high heat...

                                Ahhhh;;;; these Slovaks sure developed a complicated language! It is hard to believe Slovak babies have such an easy time learning it.

                                Ron

                                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka <jmm@...> wrote:

                                > On Jul 25, 2010, at 4:56 PM, CurtB wrote:
                                >
                                > > Slovakia is now running on CEST time. Central European Summer
                                > > Time. Bratislava is only six hours earlier than New York, and seven
                                > > hours earlier than Chicago. So 8PM to midnight in the U.S. ought to
                                > > be the best time.
                                >
                                > And yet that is when I've found things to slow down.
                                >
                                > To be fair, I haven't been on Slovak sites during those hours in
                                > several months. But before, yep, big slow down in the few hours
                                > before midnight Eastern time.
                                >
                                > Julie

                              • Elaine
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                                  Ron, are you taking language lessons while you're there?

                                  Any recommendations on how to start learning the language from here in
                                  the US?

                                  Thanks!

                                  Elaine

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  On Jul 25, 2010, at 7:09 PM, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:

                                  > You remind me of the "America effect" Europeans (Germans
                                  > specifically) complained about in the 1990's when I worked there,
                                  > and that I experienced. Our challenge was to get our internet work
                                  > done before New York and the rest of the USA woke up, as they caused
                                  > a notable slowdown in the internet.
                                  >
                                  > Am sitting here in B'lava after two day of cooler weather & some
                                  > rain after a week of very high heat...
                                  >
                                  > Ahhhh;;;; these Slovaks sure developed a complicated language! It is
                                  > hard to believe Slovak babies have such an easy time learning it.
                                  >
                                  > Ron
                                  >
                                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka <jmm@...> wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > On Jul 25, 2010, at 4:56 PM, CurtB wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > > Slovakia is now running on CEST time. Central European Summer
                                  > > > Time. Bratislava is only six hours earlier than New York, and
                                  > seven
                                  > > > hours earlier than Chicago. So 8PM to midnight in the U.S. ought
                                  > > > be the best time.
                                  > >
                                  > > And yet that is when I've found things to slow down.
                                  > >
                                  > > To be fair, I haven't been on Slovak sites during those hours in
                                  > > several months. But before, yep, big slow down in the few hours
                                  > > before midnight Eastern time.
                                  > >
                                  > > Julie

                                • Ron
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                                    Yes Elaine,

                                    I finished the 6 week intensive beginner Slovak course in the University of Pittsburgh's SLI (Summer Language Institute) and am now in Bratislava after week 1 of 4 weeks of continued language study on their 4 week course. It is also known as the 6 + 4 program.

                                    It is great.
                                    http://www.slavic.pitt.edu/sli/
                                    http://www.slavic.pitt.edu/sli/programs/ceeu/index.php

                                    They have native professors come to Pittsburgh and teach the course as a 6 or 10 week intensive course. They are very good and very professional. This is exactly what I need, as any limits on what I learn are my own and not due to a slack course or easy professors, or amateur teachers. I have taken community college level language course in Alaska & Germany & this University course is in an entirely different class for quality and demands upon the student.

                                    It is also quite a good course when measured by the number of intermediate and advanced students who return for continued development with the same professors & program. Happily we have a great group of about 7 studying at different levels here in Bratislava, and the atmosphere is quite wrapped around the language, but we are having fun as well. Most of us went to Devin castle together yesterday and to Vienna today (Sunday). When we got back it was all business preparing for classes tomorrow.

                                    I recommend it to anyone with a serious interest out there, anyone who is fortunate enough to have the time to dedicate to a serious effort.

                                    Slovak is a wonderfully complex language and learning the basics gives me an appreciation for what I see and hear. My goal is to speak in short and simple sentences and to speak them correctly most of the time. Then I also want to read books on a variety of topics so I have another language to work with on the history of Slovakia. I never expect to fully attain those goals, but they will remain my target.

                                    Ron

                                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Elaine <epowell@...> wrote:

                                    > Ron, are you taking language lessons while you're there?
                                    >
                                    > Any recommendations on how to start learning the language from here in
                                    > the US?
                                    >
                                    > Thanks!
                                    >
                                    > Elaine
                                    >
                                    > Sent from my iPhone
                                    >
                                    > On Jul 25, 2010, at 7:09 PM, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > You remind me of the "America effect" Europeans (Germans
                                    > > specifically) complained about in the 1990's when I worked there,
                                    > > and that I experienced. Our challenge was to get our internet work
                                    > > done before New York and the rest of the USA woke up, as they caused
                                    > > a notable slowdown in the internet.
                                    > >
                                    > > Am sitting here in B'lava after two day of cooler weather & some
                                    > > rain after a week of very high heat...
                                    > >
                                    > > Ahhhh;;;; these Slovaks sure developed a complicated language! It is
                                    > > hard to believe Slovak babies have such an easy time learning it.
                                    > >
                                    > > Ron
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka <jmm@> wrote:

                                    > > seven
                                    > > >
                                    > > > And yet that is when I've found things to slow down.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > To be fair, I haven't been on Slovak sites during those hours in
                                    > > > several months. But before, yep, big slow down in the few hours
                                    > > > before midnight Eastern time.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Julie

                                  • Elaine
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 25, 2010
                                      Thanks for this info, Ron. Sounds like you're getting a lot out of the
                                      program, and contributing a lot as well.

                                      Enjoy!

                                      Elaine

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                    • John
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 26, 2010
                                        >>> KOSKOVCE,SLOVAKIA <<<

                                        Bob, I have periodic Skype conversations with Marta Stofcikova in Koskovce and we were visitors in May. The RC church records are online under L'ubisa. Some RC families are also found further north in Zbudske Dlhe.

                                        I am in process of ordering the 1869 Hungarian Census for three relevant area villages. They should take about a month to arrive.

                                        I have not completed my Koskovce research and Backo/Bila branches remain undone. To date, I have no Jencik connections to the Backo/Kovacs line.

                                        You know where to find me!