Re. Slovak Customs

  • ISvabek@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 1999
      The custom of naming the first born male child after the father maybe true
      but in my family it seems the second male child was named after the father.
      Louis Svabek, my grandfather, had three sons born in Rovne,Slovakia. The
      first being Joseph, the second Louis and my father Ladislar. Evidently he
      didn't follow tradition.

      Irene Svabek
    • RMH
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 1999
        In my father's family, the first son was named Joseph, and the second, my
        father, was named Andrew, the same as his father. In my mother's family, the
        first son was also named Joseph, but that was also his father's name.