KUNDRAT

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 27, 2010
      Hi Martha,

      On Saturday I went to our Family History Center to look at some films I had ordered from Secovce, SK, where my husbands Grandmother came from, and the very first thing I saw was the name Kundrat.
      I was looking at death entries from the RC Church 1844-1895
      On 11 May 1844 + died Susanna Kundrat, AK ?, age 38, wife of Janos Illenyi, mester, in Kohany, which is just east of Galsecs.
      Thought I let you know.
      As far as reading the handwriting in the Census, I can only make out "földmivelo" which could be peasant or farmer and "seged', which is journeyman and maybe "gazda", which is head of household or farmer or landlord. Really no help at all, I'm afraid. Hope you get better responses.

      Christine

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
        Hi Christine,

        I've never seen that town mentioned in my family records but I will check it out. Thank you for the translations!

        Anyone else mind taking a look?