Duplin GC records

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
      Hi!

      I have already searched the RC records for Duplin, I am wondering if anyone knows if there are GC records for Duplin and which town they would be listed under.

      Thanks!

      Martha
    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
        >>> I am wondering if anyone knows if there are GC records for Duplin and which town they would be listed under. <<<

        Probably Stropkov, the closest place with GC records available.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
          For Duplin:

          GC records are in Nova Polianka

          In addition to the main RC RC records in Duplin, there are also some in
          Stropkov

          Bill

          On Tue, June 22, 2010 11:58 pm, martha.andras wrote:
          > Hi!
          >
          > I have already searched the RC records for Duplin, I am wondering if
          > anyone knows if there are GC records for Duplin and which town they would
          > be listed under.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Martha

          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com
        • John
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
            >>> For Duplin:
            GC records are in Nova Polianka <<<

            Nova Polinaka not found in LDS look ups.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
              The FHL may have mis-filed them under STROCIN.

              According to the Slovak State Archives,
              The Nova Polianka GC Church records contained records for Duplin, Potoky
              and Strocin.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 23, 2010
                >>> The FHL may have mis-filed them under STROCIN.
                According to the Slovak State Archives, the Nova Polianka GC Church records contained records for Duplin, Potoky and Strocin. <<<

                Shown in the GC pilot site list as Szorocsin. Poorly indexed, at best.