Re: Catholic names

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 1999
      Saint Anne is the mother of Our Lady. It was certainly a popular name, even
      among Lutherans. I am telling you: every one of these girls, or 19 out of
      20, is an Anna, Barbara, or Elizabeth. If they had a fourth daughter,
      people called her Helena! I don't think I have even seen a Catherine,
      except among Hungarian nobles. This is up to 1833.