Slavnica

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
      I can trace family back to Slavnica is 1832. Can anyone tell me what
      country that would have been then?
      regards
      Nick
    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
        >>> I can trace family back to Slavnica is 1832. Can anyone tell me what country that would have been then? <<<

        Hungary
      • Jenet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
          It is northeast of Trencin, southwest of Ilava in far northwestern Slovakia, old Hungarian county of Trencsen. This tiny village had a Roman Catholic population of 362.

          Familysearch.org seems to be down these days so it's hard to tell if microfilms are available yet. Some of the films from western Slovakia have been appearing lately in the catalog. Keep checking.

          Janet

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
            Ah, the LDS website is up at last and you are in luck. Microfilms are
            available for the Roman Catholic records for Slavnica 1700-1896. They are
            with the neighboring village of Bolesov.

            Janet

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
              >Thanks, I'll follow that up.

              regards