Gentle Reminders

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2000
      Just a reminder that one of the rules of this list, and most genealogy
      mailing lists, is that you should not forward emails from other lists to
      any list not copied on the original, or from any individuals.

      Technically, anything you write is your copyright, and therefore it's a
      copyright violation, but more importantly it's just not a good idea.
      When you send a message to one list, you don't expect it to show up
      somewhere else, thereby getting emails from others not known to you.
      I"ve had this done to me plenty of times and believe me, it's not a nice
      feeling.

      If you see something you'd like to share, point us to the url , or
      rephrase it. If you have -permission- to share an email, put that at the
      beginning of your email.

      Thanks for your cooperation. As we get to be a larger list, these kind
      of issues come up more often.

      Maura

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching