Incomplete Records

  • gklodzen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
      Just a few thoughts on the topic of incomplete records. While researching microfilmed 1816 deaths as recorded in village Vinne I found on one register page that while parents names were listed for the deceased children of others, the names of the parents of one-and-a-half year old Elizabeth KLADZAN were not listed. "Elizabeth, daughter of .............." did not appear in that column, nor elsewhere in the record. Could Elizabeth have been an orphan, might this have been an oversight on the part of the recording priest, or perhaps there was another reason.

      Disappointing, sure, but that's often to be expected and I'll continue to investigate. Despite the occasional lapse in available records I've learned more of my ancestors and my cousins in the past five years then I knew in a lifetime, and for that I am very thankful to Bill T and many others, on and off this List.

      Eugene Klodzen (researching KLADZAN, PIKULA, HLADKY, LABADOVA) and villages VINNE, LASTOMIR, MICHALOVCE)