Re: Birth/Baptisim Record

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3 1:35 PM
      Denis,
      This is not really two different women. It is the same woman. It says she is the wife of Janos Lesko, but that the child is not his.

      Curt B.
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

      > Why would two women be listed for one child?
      > I have Anna? being the 15th.birth Oct.27th.1897.Illegitimate.
      > Listing two women,Janosne Lesko and Helena Pilat as Parents?
      >
      > Any thoughts on this? I posted the record in the files....
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Dennis

    • haluska
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3 2:16 PM
        Curt, I thank you....

        Cousin Vlasto sent this....

        Her mother was Helena Pilat. Her husband was Jan Lesko (that's why
        mother's name is Janosne Lesko – Hungarian style of
        name-surname)
        I cannot translate Hungarian remark in the last column, but I guess it says that her husband was already 5 years in the USA ?

        Cousin Bozena just sent this....

        V poznamke sa uvadza, ze jej manžel (Lesko Janos) odiasiel do Ameriky pred 5 rokmi (doslova: odisiel 5 rokov pred narodenim dietata).

        The note stated that her husband (Janos Lesko) went to America 5 years ago (literally: he left five years before the birth of a child).

        I would not wait 5 years either! The plot gets thicker.....

        Dennis