Re: [S-R] Birth/Baptisim Record

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
      Here is my cousin Vlastimil's take on the subject. I have not had time
      to think about it yet. But I thought I would post it so nobody's Brain
      explodes!

      I have records from houses #8,10,11,12 and 13 in Remeniny with folks
      going back and forth from ech house from early 1800's through 1903 when
      the records stop.

      Dennis

      Anna (27.10.1897) was born as illegitimate (see last column on the left
      side)

      Her mother was Helena Pilat. Her husband was Jan Lesko (that's why
      mother's name is Janosne Lesko – Hungarian style of
      name-surname)

      I cannot translate Hungarian remark in the last column, but I guess it
      says that her husband was already 5 years in the USA ?

      And Remeniny 10? Interesting. Probably because Helena Lesko (nee Pilat)
      lived with her (sister/relative) Maria Corej (nee Pilat) and Peter
      Corej.

      Looks like another interesting story extracted from parish books.

      Vlasto

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, MILAN HUBA <illy@...> wrote:

      > Interesting, I ran into the same situation with two mothers listed on
      the baptismal records. In my situation the explanation was obvious. The
      birth mother died in childbirth and the second woman listed was the
      adoptive mother.

      > ________________________________

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
        Denis,
        This is not really two different women. It is the same woman. It says she is the wife of Janos Lesko, but that the child is not his.

        Curt B.
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

        > Why would two women be listed for one child?
        > I have Anna? being the 15th.birth Oct.27th.1897.Illegitimate.
        > Listing two women,Janosne Lesko and Helena Pilat as Parents?
        >
        > Any thoughts on this? I posted the record in the files....
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Dennis

      • haluska
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
          Curt, I thank you....

          Cousin Vlasto sent this....

          Her mother was Helena Pilat. Her husband was Jan Lesko (that's why
          mother's name is Janosne Lesko – Hungarian style of
          name-surname)
          I cannot translate Hungarian remark in the last column, but I guess it says that her husband was already 5 years in the USA ?

          Cousin Bozena just sent this....

          V poznamke sa uvadza, ze jej manžel (Lesko Janos) odiasiel do Ameriky pred 5 rokmi (doslova: odisiel 5 rokov pred narodenim dietata).

          The note stated that her husband (Janos Lesko) went to America 5 years ago (literally: he left five years before the birth of a child).

          I would not wait 5 years either! The plot gets thicker.....

          Dennis