Re: [S-R] MESZTISZKO, Saris, Slovakia GC church records MESTISKO

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2010
      Thank you Bill! I will prepare to squint some more and post if I find something!!

      Martha

      > Correction: RC records at RADOMA.
      >

      > Bill

    • martha.andras
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2010
        Hi Bill,

        This evening I looked at the GC Hrabovcik records. Actually, I've looked at them before when searching for Anna Kundrat in Rakovcik. I found about 20 different KUNDRAT/KUNDRATH listings, all in Rakovcik/Rakocz but none in Mesztiszko. (Although I did notice other names in Mesztiszko.) Also, none of the KUNDRAT/KUNDRATH listing match the approximate dates or names I have. Very puzzling since it seems to be the right town.

        I am waiting for the microfilm of the 1869 census for Rakocz to arrive so I can study it more carefully. I looked at it about 2 years ago but I have more information now and also have a better understanding of what I am looking at! I ordered the film for Rakocz before learning about the town of Mesztiszko. Since it is so close to Rakocz, I am hoping it will be on the same film. If not, I will order the appropriate one.

        I am determined to solve this mystery and will post my findings!

        Have a good night!

        Martha

        PS I am about half way through the GC Svidnik records. So far, no KUNDRAT's at all.