RE: [S-R] MESZTISZKO, Saris, Slovakia GC church records MESTISKO

    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2010
      Correction: RC records at RADOMA.

      Bill

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Bill Tarkulich
      Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:38 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [S-R] MESZTISZKO, Saris, Slovakia GC church records MESTISKO

      Records for MESTISKO, formerly MESZTISZKO

      Greek Catholic
      HRABOVCIK (also includes RAKOVCIK)
      SVIDNIK

      Roman Catholic
      SVIDNIK

      Jewish
      BARDEJOV

      If you cannot find these entries on PILOT they have most likely not been
      converted from microfilm.

      Good Luck,

      Bill

      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2010
        Thank you Bill! I will prepare to squint some more and post if I find something!!

        Martha

        > Correction: RC records at RADOMA.
        >

        > Bill

      • martha.andras
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2010
          Hi Bill,

          This evening I looked at the GC Hrabovcik records. Actually, I've looked at them before when searching for Anna Kundrat in Rakovcik. I found about 20 different KUNDRAT/KUNDRATH listings, all in Rakovcik/Rakocz but none in Mesztiszko. (Although I did notice other names in Mesztiszko.) Also, none of the KUNDRAT/KUNDRATH listing match the approximate dates or names I have. Very puzzling since it seems to be the right town.

          I am waiting for the microfilm of the 1869 census for Rakocz to arrive so I can study it more carefully. I looked at it about 2 years ago but I have more information now and also have a better understanding of what I am looking at! I ordered the film for Rakocz before learning about the town of Mesztiszko. Since it is so close to Rakocz, I am hoping it will be on the same film. If not, I will order the appropriate one.

          I am determined to solve this mystery and will post my findings!

          Have a good night!

          Martha

          PS I am about half way through the GC Svidnik records. So far, no KUNDRAT's at all.