MESZTISZKO, Saris, Slovakia GC church records

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2010
      Hi! Can anyone tell me where to find the GC Pilot records for this village? It must be with another parish since the town is small. Any ideas??

      Thanks!

      Martha
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2010
        Records for MESTISKO, formerly MESZTISZKO

        Greek Catholic
        HRABOVCIK (also includes RAKOVCIK)
        SVIDNIK

        Roman Catholic
        SVIDNIK

        Jewish
        BARDEJOV

        If you cannot find these entries on PILOT they have most likely not been
        converted from microfilm.

        Good Luck,

        Bill

        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2010
          Correction: RC records at RADOMA.

          Bill

          Message 4 of 5 , May 29, 2010
            Thank you Bill! I will prepare to squint some more and post if I find something!!

            Martha

            > Correction: RC records at RADOMA.
            >

            > Bill

          • martha.andras
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2010
              Hi Bill,

              This evening I looked at the GC Hrabovcik records. Actually, I've looked at them before when searching for Anna Kundrat in Rakovcik. I found about 20 different KUNDRAT/KUNDRATH listings, all in Rakovcik/Rakocz but none in Mesztiszko. (Although I did notice other names in Mesztiszko.) Also, none of the KUNDRAT/KUNDRATH listing match the approximate dates or names I have. Very puzzling since it seems to be the right town.

              I am waiting for the microfilm of the 1869 census for Rakocz to arrive so I can study it more carefully. I looked at it about 2 years ago but I have more information now and also have a better understanding of what I am looking at! I ordered the film for Rakocz before learning about the town of Mesztiszko. Since it is so close to Rakocz, I am hoping it will be on the same film. If not, I will order the appropriate one.

              I am determined to solve this mystery and will post my findings!

              Have a good night!

              Martha

              PS I am about half way through the GC Svidnik records. So far, no KUNDRAT's at all.