Re:KUNDRAT Alien registration records from the US Citizenship &

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 45 , May 29 1:23 AM
      Hi Betsey & Curt, Well how about that! I found it! I was determined to not go to bed until I found this marriage. I've been looking for this date for probably 20 years! Thank you so much - you are an angel!

      The naturalization document you saw is all I have. A family member gave it to me. Its a copy of a copy of a copy, etc. I am hoping to get an official copy from the courthouse and now I can get an official copy of the marriage license, too!

      I did find the two missing census records (1910 & 1920) by typing in Ste* Pun* I found them thanks to you!

      Next question I will post separately because its a different topic.

      Thanks again & have a good night! I will let you know how successful I am at the courthouse when I go!

      Martha

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "betseyannk" <betseyannk@...> wrote:

      > Hi Martha,
      >
      > I just entered "Bun" in male last name box and the marriage record came right up.
      >
      > Search on US Census then enter "Ste* Pun*" for the name and and then "Pennsylvania, Schuylkill, McAdoo"
      >
      > I noticed on your family tree that you have the Naturalization Certificate issued by Schuylkill County, but there also would have been a petition for naturalization submitted by the applicant which would have more information. Do you know if the petition was destroyed?
      >
      > Good luck,
      >
      > Betsey Ann K
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Betsey,
      > >
      > > Well - this is very strange. I've been on the Schuylkill County website before and I actually made the trip to the courthouse but we couldn't find anything. These new spellings might make a difference. Today I typed Stephen Bunshock and Annie Countrat (1885-1910) in the search boxes but it tells me "no results found". How did you find them?
      > >
      > > Another question - where did you find the 1910 and 1920 census records and which spelling is shown? I've only ever been able to find the 1900 (where she is listed as Hannah PUNJOK - which of course is incorrect) and the 1930 (where the first name is Anna and the last name is Americanized to PENSOCK - which is my maiden name.). I check my ancestry.com everyday but no hints ever pop up.
      > >
      > > I appreciate your help!
      > >
      > > Martha
      > >
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "betseyannk" <betseyannk@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Martha,
      > > >
      > > > Schuylkill County Marriage License Index is on-line: http://www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/info/Offices/Archives/MarriageDockets.csp I found married between 1885-1910, Stephen Bunshock and Annie Countrat. A perfect example of creative spelling that Bill mentions so often. B's and P's are often interchanged.
      > > >
      > > > Also, you did notice on the 1910,1920,&1930 census records that Stephen and Anna were naturalized between 1900 and 1910. Contact the Schuylkill Historical Society. I've heard from others that they have been helpful in finding Schuylkill County Naturalization Records.
      > > >
      > > > Good Luck,
      > > >
      > > > Betsey Ann K

    • martha.andras
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 4, 2010
        Hi Betsey,

        Today I spoke with two people at the Schuylkill County Courthouse. They will send me the appropriate forms to request copies of the marriage and naturalization records. There is a fee but it is nominal. I'm hopeful the documents will contain more clues for my research. I can't thank you enough for finding the "creative spelling" of my great-grandparents surnames!

        I'll keep you posted!