Re:KUNDRAT Alien registration records from the US Citizenship &

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 45 , May 28, 2010
      Hi Curt - This exciting. I've not seen this village name on any of the documents I have however, I just did a search and Mesztiszko is only about 5 miles from Rakocz! This could possibly be a match. Now I want to see where the records for Mesztiszko are on the Pilot. Do you know?

      Thanks!

      Martha

      > The place name is Mesztiszko, this is the Hungarian spelling for the present day village of Mestisko, a Slovak village in old Saris county.
      >
      > Curt B.
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Curt - Weeellll... I've looked at that one several times & have it saved in my "shoebox". I guess it could be... can you read what it says for last place lived?
      > >
      > > Let me know - thanks!!
      > >
      > > Martha
      > >
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "CurtB" <curt67boc@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I suppose you have considered and rejected the Anna Kundrat who arrived aboard the Belgenland on Aug 1 1892, servant girl, age 19.
      > > > It seems temptingly close.
      > > >
      > > > Curt B.

    • martha.andras
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 4, 2010
        Hi Betsey,

        Today I spoke with two people at the Schuylkill County Courthouse. They will send me the appropriate forms to request copies of the marriage and naturalization records. There is a fee but it is nominal. I'm hopeful the documents will contain more clues for my research. I can't thank you enough for finding the "creative spelling" of my great-grandparents surnames!

        I'll keep you posted!

        Martha