I'm looking for family information on the following Kopera, Gajdos, Senita,

  • buccos17
    Message 1 of 15 , May 27, 2010
      Hello,

      I'm looking for family information on the following surnames and towns:

      Kopera-Oscadnica, Slovakia or Hastings, PA
      Gajdos or Gaydos-Michalovce( Naughmihial), Slovakia or Emeigh, PA
      Senita-Sarisske Jastrabie, Slovakia or Emeigh, PA
      Marusa-Senvis, Slovakia or Emeigh, Dixonville, Dunlo, PA
      Valkuchak- Malczo, Slovakia or Barnesboro, PA
      Svancar-Oscadnica
      Lusnacova-Oscadnica
      Zavazoary-Oscadnica

      Thanks,

      John
    • jkmark@pacbell.net
      Message 2 of 15 , May 27, 2010
        Hi John - I don't have any info for you, but I too have a relative with the last name Gaydos/Gajdos who came from Slovakia. She married a Metro/Mitro and their son came to the US and settled in Johnstown, PA - with all my other slovak relatives. I'm not sure what town in Slovakia they were from, but if I get any new info I'll let you know.

        Message 3 of 15 , May 27, 2010
          Welcome John,

          Have you looked at the village records at the Family History Center? I
          presume not since certain of your village spellings are incorrect.
          First, get your village names straight with the correct spelling variations,
          then go to the FHC. Where did you get these spellings from? What is their
          religion? Why do you have so many names? Most people only have a couple.

          Slovak/Magyar

          Oscadnica / Oscsad, Oszcsadnica
          Velke Revistia / Gajdos
          Jastrabie nad Toplou / Sarisske Jastrabie
          Senvis, There is a KRASNA LUKA / SENVIZ, in Saris county
          Malczo, MALCOV / MALCO,MALCZO

          http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/fhl_resources.htm

          I see an Microfilm available for each of the above villages.

          last, please always remember that looking for a surname will be the last
          thing you do.
          http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/kingdom_of_hungary.htm

          Good Luck,

          Bill

          Message 4 of 15 , May 27, 2010
            Thanks for the welcome.

            All of the names listed are surnames of my ancestors. Gajdos is a surname. They came from Michalovce. Naughmihial is the Americanized spelling of the Hungarian Nagymihály that I found listed on a naturalization document.

            Thanks for the tips.

            Message 5 of 15 , May 27, 2010

              Message 6 of 15 , May 27, 2010
                Hello John,

                I may have information on your surname Gajdos. My ancestor Michal Szopcsak
                (Sopcak)’s first wife was Maria Gajdos, b. abt 1826, d. 10 Jul 1861. I have
                two children by this union. For some reason I do not show the name of
                Maria’s Gajdos’ village, but Michal Szopcsak’s second marriage in Aug, 1861
                was in Jastrabe nad Toplou where the family lived for a short while. His
                second wife was from village of Bystre.

                Michele

                _____

                Message 7 of 15 , May 27, 2010
                  John-
                  I found several Kopera (Jozef) of Oscadnica.
                  Also several Gajdos and an entire page of Svancar.

                  http://www.rodokmen.com/ I found them listed on the rodokmen family tree page.

                  It is time consuming to translate each word from Slovakian to English on this site. You must be registered to search for names. It is free.
                  It took several hours for me to get registered. I doubt if I could do it again.
                  '

                  Many of your surnames have email access. I have written to my surnames but have yet to get a response.
                  There are several Svancar listed.

                  Gloria

                • Gloria
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 27, 2010
                    John- I found this Gaydos. This was the only information on Gaydos. No village listed.
                    gaydos

                    Hladat gaydos v archíve zosnulých

                    meno mesto dátum narodenia rodicia autor
                    Gaydos - Magerko Elizabeth 1895, 1974

                    milan0
                    The author was listed as milan0. There is a place to email him.Do write the email in Slovakian using something like the google translator. Good Luck.

                  • Gloria
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 27, 2010
                      Lusnák Jozef nar. Nitra 1978, 32 r. Jozef Lusnák, Helena Kovácová - Lusnáková sajbi
                      Lusnák Jozef 1955, 55 r. sajbi
                      Lusnák Tomás nar. Nitra 1979, 31 r. Jozef Lusnák, Helena Kovácová - Lusnáková sajbi
                      Bendzáková - Lusnáková Helena nar. Mokrance xx.xx.1958, 52 r. Ladislav Bendzák, Helena Mizáková - Bendzáková mizak
                      Lusnáková - Hunyadyová Jarmila Bratislava,
                      nar. Kotesová xx.xx.1956, 54 r. vlado1962
                      Sajbidorová - Lusnáková Zuzana nar. Trnava 1981, 29 r. Jozef Sajbidor, Viera Matejová - Sajbidorová sajbi
                      Kovácová - Lusnáková Helena nar. Nitra 1957, 53 r. sajbi
                      Lusnáková Martina nar. Nitra 1982, 28 r. Jozef Lusnák, Helena Kovácová - Lusnáková sajbi

                      John --
                      I found these on rodokmen.com

                      Good luck,
                      Gloria

                    • M Jenner
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 27, 2010
                        My grandfather had a cousin who married a Gajdos (Gaydos). They were from Karna and Humenne in Zemplin County, Slovakia.

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 27, 2010
                          You original email is very difficult to distinguish between surnames and
                          village names. Please clarify.

                          Bill

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 27, 2010
                            Thank you Gloria.

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 28, 2010
                              Gloria,

                              I have an Anna Gajdos in my records. She was born in 1831, died April 4,
                              1883. She was married to George Czipala and they had 4 children. They were
                              from the Hanusfalva/Bizstra area. Let me know if you think this is a link
                              and I will send you further info on marriage dates and birth dates of the
                              children.

                              Dorothy

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 29, 2010
                                Dorothy,

                                Do you have any records of Anna's parents? On the Gaydos/Gajdos side I go back to Michael Gajdos born in 1876 in Michalovce. He had a sister named Mary. His parents were John Gaydos / Gajdos and Mary Sabol.

                                Thank you,

                                John

                                Message 15 of 15 , May 29, 2010
                                  Surname Kopera from Oscadnica, Slovakia
                                  Surname Gajdos (Gaydos) from Michalovce, Slovakia
                                  Surname Senita from Jestrabie, Slovakia
                                  Surname Marusa from Senvis, Slovakia
                                  Surname Valkuchak from Malczo, Slovakia
                                  Surnames Svancar, Luscanova, Micheny & Zovazoray from Oscanica, Slovakia