Letovicz?

  • bojomo42
    Message 1 of 15 , May 16, 2010
      I just found my ggmothers marriage record from 1865, she is listed as being from Letovice. Does anyone know of this place? It might be close to Jokeo as that was where the marriage took place.
      Thank You,
      Joanne Liston
      Message 2 of 15 , May 16, 2010
        There is a LETOVICE in the Czech Republic.
        http://amapy.centrum.cz/

        What country were you expecting her to be from?

        Bill

        Message 3 of 15 , May 16, 2010
          Bill,
          My ggparents were married in Jokeo which has had many names in its past. It is now Osuske. I was also told by a paid genealogist that she (Johanna Schulcz) was from Monrovia. It was Monrovia that I was expecting. I will have a look at your map and Letovicz in the morning. I appreciate your help.
          Respectfully,
          Joanne

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 15 , May 16, 2010
            Hi Joanne -

            Wasn't it Moravia not Monrovia?

            There is a Letovice there in Moravia - it is a fairly good sized town north of Brno and northwest of Boskovice.

            I have a really detailed 200 page Czech atlas and would be glad to look up Czech places for anyone.

            helene

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , May 16, 2010
              Osuské SE/TA nitr. 1773 Oszuszka, Ossuska, 1786 Oszuszka, 1808 Korláth-Oszuszka, Osúska, Osúské [a] Jóko-Oszuszka, Osúska, Osúské, 1863 Oszuszko, 1873-1882 Korlátkooszuszkó és Jókooszuszkó, 1888-1900 Oszuszkó, 1900-1913 Aszós, 1920- Osuské
              Your Jokeo may have come from the Joko used a couple of times in the Osuske's names.
              Letovice being located in the Czech Republic is a long distance from being near Osuske. It is not impossible, but pretty rare to have spouses that were born so far apart in the 1860's.
              Is it possible to check the spelling of Letovice?

              Message 6 of 15 , May 17, 2010
                hi Joanne - How about Letnicie which is east of Gbley and maybe some 30 kilometers from Osuske. I have 13 listings for this village in the Slovak Pride Database.

                helene

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 15 , May 17, 2010
                  Helene,
                  I have posted the wedding record in the photo section, in the Oszuszka folder on Slovak Roots. Maybe I spelled it wrong.  Also, that is one of the documents where Jokeo appears. I will check out Letnicie. Georgius was a soldier so he may have met her while some where else soldiering?
                  Nice to hear from you again.
                  Joanne

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 17, 2010
                    Michael,
                    I have posted the wedding record in the photo section, in the Oszuszka folder on Slovak Roots. Maybe I spelled it wrong.  Also, that is one of the documents where Jokeo appears. Georgius was a soldier so he may have met her while some where else soldiering? Sorry but I read my email in the wrong order and answered your email through Helene's first. I will follow up on her suggestion also.
                    Thank You,
                    Joanne

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 17, 2010
                      Robert,
                      I looked at the record page. No where on it did I see any spelling for Letovice, Letovicz, or anything near that. The image quality wasn't good when enlarged. This is what I got from it.

                      Hlbocsky Georgius plebeus
                      Horvath Catharina, RCath (Roman Catholic)
                      Vag-Ujhely (him)
                      Jokes No. 2 (her)
                      cath (Catholic) 33 (him)
                      cath (Catholic) 23 (her)

                      Huberska Jan plebeus
                      Galosies Elisabeth RCath (Roman Catholic)
                      Jokeo No. 70
                      cathol 31 (him)
                      cathol 28 (her)

                      Nové Mesto nad Váhom NM/TC nitr./trenč. 1949 pričl. o. Mnešice [trenč.].
                      1773 Vág-Ujhely, Vágh-Ujhely, Neüstadl, Nove Mesto, 1786 Ujhely, Vág-Ujhely, Neustadtl, Nowé Mesto nad Váhom, Dolné Nowé Mesto, 1808 Vág-Újhely, Neustadtl an der Waag, Dolní Nowé Město, 1863–1913 Vágújhely, 1920– Nové Mesto nad Váhom

                      Nove Mesto nad Vahom and Osuske are not close to one another, but they are close enough that they could be in the same county.

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 17, 2010
                        Michael,
                        Look between the yellow lines not above and below. The family names are Danko and Schulcz. Georgius is noted as being from Jokeo No. 138 and Johanna from Letovicz No. 95. I appreciate your effort.
                        Thank You,
                        Joanne

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 17, 2010
                          Joanne,
                          Sorry I missed that.
                          " the term "molitor sodalis" means flour miller craftsman (Geselle)" Plebeus means commoner.
                          I have to agree that your reading it as Letovicz is valid. Once again not perfectly clear for me, Lotovicz possible. Nonetheless, any search for those came up with nothing so far.
                          So you have:
                          Danko Georgius,plebius and sodalis molitor
                          Schulcz, Johanna Maria
                          Jokes No. 108 (him)
                          Letovicz No.95 (her)
                          cath. (catholic) 31 (him)
                          cathl. (catholic) 30 (her)

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 17, 2010
                            Folks,
                            Look at the Nytra map
                            http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/nyitra.jpg
                            district Postyeni (in color pink)
                            You will see JOKO to the left. = DOBRA VODA, SK
                            To the left, in yellow the following:
                            ASZOS = OSUSKE, SK
                            To the south:
                            JABLONICA = your rendering of "

                            Vag-Ujhely to the north (green province)

                            I doubt it's Letovice - the rendering "cz" is very Magyar.

                            I am going to stick my neck out and suggest this present-day LETNICIE, SK, not too far away in Nytra, to the west (left) on the map, north of Stepano

                            1227 Letničie SI/TA nitr.
                            1773 Lettnicz, Letnitz, Letnicze, 1786 Lettnicz, 1808 Letnicz, Letnice, 1863, 1888–1900 Lettnic, 1873–1882 Letnic, 1900–1913 Letenőc, 1920 Letnice, Letničie, 1927– Letničie

                            Bill

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 18, 2010
                              Bill,
                              I love the map however, we follow as far as Nytra and then cannot find Stepano to the west. Helene also noted that the village I am looking for might be Letnicie also. Can you give us more detailed information?
                              Thank You,
                              Joanne

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 18, 2010
                                Hello Robert,
                                village.

                                Each village often had several names over time.

                                1227 Letničie SI/TA nitr.
                                1773 Lettnicz, Letnitz, Letnicze, 1786 Lettnicz, 1808 Letnicz, Letnice, 1863,
                                1888–1900 Lettnic, 1873–1882 Letnic, 1900–1913 Letenőc, 1920 Letnice,
                                Letničie,
                                1927– Letničie

                                To find the village, STEPANO (I picked it because it has one of the
                                largest fonts, go to the far left (west) of the page (above the 30' line).
                                Look for the yellow-colored SZENICZI district. STEPANO is in far west
                                portion of the district, near CSARI AND SASVAR.

                                From STEPANO, travel north (up) to the first village you see.
                                it is LETENOCZ.

                                For a contemporary map, use mapy.atlas.sk, type in the current village
                                name of LETNICIE.

                                Does this help?

                                Bill Tarkulich
                                http://www.iabsi.com
                              • ROBERT LISTON
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 18, 2010
                                  Found it! We sure were off, was not looking far enough west or north.

                                  I want to thank all who have helped me now and in the past. I have come a long way in the past four years learning where my family came from and who they were. I now have a place to look for my ggm's birth record and her family. I would not be where I am today without all of you and your kind and patient help. Thanks again.

                                  Respectfully,
                                  Joanne Liston

                                  ________________________________
                                  Each village often had several names over time.

                                  1227 Letničie SI/TA nitr.
                                  1773 Lettnicz, Letnitz, Letnicze, 1786 Lettnicz, 1808 Letnicz, Letnice, 1863,
                                  1888�1900 Lettnic, 1873�1882 Letnic, 1900�1913 Letenőc, 1920 Letnice,
                                  Letničie,
                                  1927� Letničie

                                  To find the village, STEPANO (I picked it because it has one of the
                                  largest fonts, go to the far left (west) of the page (above the 30' line).
                                  Look for the yellow-colored SZENICZI district. STEPANO is in far west
                                  portion of the district, near CSARI AND SASVAR.

                                  From STEPANO, travel north (up) to the first village you see.
                                  it is LETENOCZ.

                                  For a contemporary map, use mapy.atlas.sk, type in the current village
                                  name of LETNICIE.

                                  Does this help?

                                  On Tue, May 18, 2010 3:35 pm, ROBERT LISTON wrote:
                                  > Bill,
                                  > I love the map however, we follow as far as Nytra and then cannot find
                                  > Stepano to the west. Helene also noted that the village I am looking for
                                  > might be Letnicie also. Can you give us more detailed information?
                                  > Thank You,
                                  > Joanne

                                  Bill Tarkulich
                                  http://www.iabsi.com