Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Fw: [PBS] Lubovnianske Kupele, slovakia

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
      Hopefully she will receive quite a few answers from our group. There are
      many of us from the Stara Lubovna area, and Lubovna Kupella is just down the
      road.

      Ron

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
        I would try Roman Catholic first, then Orthodox, then Lutheran. Hope this
        helps.
        Dave
        > > my grandmother came from a small village in Slovakia known today as
        > > Lubovnianske Kupele. it is just over the polish border on the other
        side
        > of
        > > the Tatra mountains. could someone tell me what church this town would
        > have
        > > been affiliated to ?
        > > thank you.
        > > noreen hasior

        > > Be sure to check the PBS-L Website. There are many helpful
        > > Internet sites to assist everyone in their research:
        > > http://maxpages.com/poland

      • Ron Matviyak
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
          Lubovnianske kupele is a few miles over the mountain path from Nova Lubovna
          to the west and from Plavnica to the east. Following the roads Chmelnica is
          due north on the way to Stara Lubovna and might have been easiest to reach
          for church attendance. Stara Lubovna, of course has had the major religions
          represented: Roman Catholic, Greek/Byzantine and Jewish. I would assume
          that Evangelikal/Protestant was also there. Chmelnica I believe was a
          primarily German settlement under a different name and still has some
          vestiges of their folk culture.

          I'll dig out more when I have time.

          Ron