Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Fw: [PBS] Lubovnianske Kupele, slovakia

  • K/B Kuzminsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
      Andrea, you might try the following
      sites...http://www.teleadreson.com.pl/cgi-bin/ta32.exe and for maps
      http:teeths.org/pub/tgm/fordform.html

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Andrea Vangor <drav@...>
      To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 3:27 AM
      Subject: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Fw: [PBS] Lubovnianske Kupele, slovakia

      > Can someone help this lady?

    • Ron Matviyak
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
        Hopefully she will receive quite a few answers from our group. There are
        many of us from the Stara Lubovna area, and Lubovna Kupella is just down the
        road.

        Ron

        > > my grandmother came from a small village in Slovakia known today as
        > > Lubovnianske Kupele. it is just over the polish border on the other
        side
        > of
        > > the Tatra mountains. could someone tell me what church this town would
        > have
        > > been affiliated to ?
        > > thank you.
        > > noreen hasior

        > > Be sure to check the PBS-L Website. There are many helpful
        > > Internet sites to assist everyone in their research:
        > > http://maxpages.com/poland

      • David Mothkovich
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
          I would try Roman Catholic first, then Orthodox, then Lutheran. Hope this
          helps.
          Dave
          > > my grandmother came from a small village in Slovakia known today as
          > > Lubovnianske Kupele. it is just over the polish border on the other
          side
          > of
          > > the Tatra mountains. could someone tell me what church this town would
          > have
          > > been affiliated to ?
          > > thank you.
          > > noreen hasior

          > > Be sure to check the PBS-L Website. There are many helpful
          > > Internet sites to assist everyone in their research:
          > > http://maxpages.com/poland

        • Ron Matviyak
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
            Lubovnianske kupele is a few miles over the mountain path from Nova Lubovna
            to the west and from Plavnica to the east. Following the roads Chmelnica is
            due north on the way to Stara Lubovna and might have been easiest to reach
            for church attendance. Stara Lubovna, of course has had the major religions
            represented: Roman Catholic, Greek/Byzantine and Jewish. I would assume
            that Evangelikal/Protestant was also there. Chmelnica I believe was a
            primarily German settlement under a different name and still has some
            vestiges of their folk culture.

            I'll dig out more when I have time.

            Ron