Re: [S-R] Re: Hettish possibly Americanized from ??? "HETTISH"

    Message 1 of 37 , May 4 5:26 AM
      Hi Mark,

      I have often found that a looks-like strategy is also quite helpful. For
      example "iu" = "w", "h" = "k" "K" = "R"
      Don't forget old-style handwriting often trips up the researchers. There
      are plenty of lookup tables on the web to use.
      While often the scribes handwriting deteriorates as s/he progresses
      through the word, we often find the case where the first letter is
      misinterpreted.

      I used the "looks like" strategy to find my Tarkulic ancestor,who was
      enumerated as "Parkulic". Automated search engines, including sounds-like
      searches failed miserably.

      Bill

      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com