Re: [S-R] praha records

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 15 , May 3, 2010
       hi Linda - do you know about the CGSI - the Czechoslovak Genealolgy and Cultural Society - they have done many data bases and have a huge library and you can arrange a search of records - www.cgsi.org

      if you might like to explore having someone do research i have a friend who does it tho it's gotten harder as have to reserve way in advance to go to an archive there and use the books, also fees for this.

      Really important to have 3 things - the person's first and last name, the exact birth date, the place of birth there.

      i have another friend also in Prague who writes letters to village mayors and people with similar surnames in the phone book.

      helene
      helenezx@...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3, 2010
        Thanks for the feedback. What I have is a land document in Kansas that
        gives last residence as Pecinov Bohemia.

        I have a newspaper clipping that shows Georg Pitner visited with his
        brother James (Wenzel) Pittner .

        Georg was born in Praha.

        All three immigrated to Rawlins County, Kansas. There was also a
        mention of Charles and Michael.
        For Michael, it says Hungary. I don't know who they were.

        All ship manifests for Wenzel, Antoin and George show Kingdom of
        Bohemia. No Town.

        I plan a trip to Rawlins County to look through old church records,
        library, court house & museum.
        Somewhere there must be an ancestral village listed.

        G-Grandma was Josepha Soukup Pitner. Other Soukup's settles in the area
        but again only Bohemia.

        Linda