Fw: [PBS] Lubovnianske Kupele, slovakia

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
      Can someone help this lady?

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <Krejc@...>
      To: <PolandBorderSurnames-L@...>
      Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 7:02 PM
      Subject: [PBS] Lubovnianske Kupele, slovakia

      > Dear List,
      > my grandmother came from a small village in Slovakia known today as
      > Lubovnianske Kupele. it is just over the polish border on the other side
      of
      > the Tatra mountains. could someone tell me what church this town would
      have
      > been affiliated to ?
      > thank you.
      > noreen hasior

      > Be sure to check the PBS-L Website. There are many helpful
      > Internet sites to assist everyone in their research:
      > http://maxpages.com/poland

    • K/B Kuzminsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
        Andrea, you might try the following
        sites...http://www.teleadreson.com.pl/cgi-bin/ta32.exe and for maps
        http:teeths.org/pub/tgm/fordform.html

        > > my grandmother came from a small village in Slovakia known today as
        > > Lubovnianske Kupele. it is just over the polish border on the other
        side
        > of
        > > the Tatra mountains. could someone tell me what church this town would
        > have
        > > been affiliated to ?
        > > thank you.
        > > noreen hasior

        > > Be sure to check the PBS-L Website. There are many helpful
        > > Internet sites to assist everyone in their research:
        > > http://maxpages.com/poland

      • Ron Matviyak
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
          Hopefully she will receive quite a few answers from our group. There are
          many of us from the Stara Lubovna area, and Lubovna Kupella is just down the
          road.

          Ron

          > > my grandmother came from a small village in Slovakia known today as
          > > Lubovnianske Kupele. it is just over the polish border on the other
          side
          > of
          > > the Tatra mountains. could someone tell me what church this town would
          > have
          > > been affiliated to ?
          > > thank you.
          > > noreen hasior

          > > Be sure to check the PBS-L Website. There are many helpful
          > > Internet sites to assist everyone in their research:
          > > http://maxpages.com/poland

        • David Mothkovich
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
            I would try Roman Catholic first, then Orthodox, then Lutheran. Hope this
            helps.
            Dave
            > > my grandmother came from a small village in Slovakia known today as
            > > Lubovnianske Kupele. it is just over the polish border on the other
            side
            > of
            > > the Tatra mountains. could someone tell me what church this town would
            > have
            > > been affiliated to ?
            > > thank you.
            > > noreen hasior

            > > Be sure to check the PBS-L Website. There are many helpful
            > > Internet sites to assist everyone in their research:
            > > http://maxpages.com/poland

          • Ron Matviyak
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
              Lubovnianske kupele is a few miles over the mountain path from Nova Lubovna
              to the west and from Plavnica to the east. Following the roads Chmelnica is
              due north on the way to Stara Lubovna and might have been easiest to reach
              for church attendance. Stara Lubovna, of course has had the major religions
              represented: Roman Catholic, Greek/Byzantine and Jewish. I would assume
              that Evangelikal/Protestant was also there. Chmelnica I believe was a
              primarily German settlement under a different name and still has some
              vestiges of their folk culture.

              I'll dig out more when I have time.

              Ron